What have you done to heal yourselves from the borg & lead a content life?

by cognac 41 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Or, at least made progress in healing yourselves...

Right now I feel like I have made a lot of progress.

I did the following that helped tremendously:

Joined this forum!

Faced my husband regarding how I felt and feel that we have met eachother 1/2 way on this - even researched and prepared how to talk to him in a better way (I have a blunt, tactless way of bringing things up - in case you guys didn't notice, lol. )

Faced my parents over a few things that has bothered me for years

Told some "worldly people" things that happened

Talked to a Psychiatrist about JWs with my husband - (this is great for those of you having difficulty talking to mates, it helped me A LOT)

Made some "worldly friends" that I go out with on a regular basis

Made 2 "apostate friends" that are my age and go out with now on a regular basis

Made apostate friends of all ages (met on this site)

Regularly help JWs even if it's not to "get out" but just to try to at least help them so they don't feel so darn guilty

Honestly, I feel such a tremendous amount of weight off me that I don't see myself on the PTSD meds for a long time. I also feel that I'm not crazy and that's why I'm on them. I feel that I'm a normal, loving, compassionate person and that's why I'm on them. I mean, what normal person can deal with these teachings and it not severely attack there heart if they actually do believe it???

Anyways, I figure we should draw of eachothers ideas of what has helped them so that we can better ourselves...

So, what have you guys done to help yourselves get through this???

• new boy
    new boy

You are on the fast track my friend....

All this just since the first of the year...

You are doing in months, things that many haven't done in years.

Keep up the good work!

• cognac
    cognac

You are on the fast track my friend....

All this just since the first of the year...

Thanks - I don't have time for this crap. Got about 3 minutes for each thing - fix it and move on, lol...

But, also, I gotta say, my husband has a lot to do with it now. I got his support, so if I lose my family, it's ok, cause I got him... So, I've been a bit more adventerous...

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I went to see hookers and it was about the 7th or 8th who helped me lose some of my massive inhibitions about the size of a mans manhood affecting his whole essence when with a naked female without having to pretend I was someone else - role play!!

A stunning female naked in front of me could easily leave me completely devoid of self esteem as if I could not possibly be attractive to her!

So this lady just pressed all my buttons somehow - and took the lead and showed interest in doing so and was in no way the most attractive or daintiest of all the hookers and was the only one who sent me away feeling relieved!

IME I always took the lead and it leaves a guy sometimes feeling he's undesireable and the woman is not interested apart from when he pesters her!

So that's just one element! And trust me it had my head in chains for years!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Well I must say Crusoe, that is one creative approach to the problem!

• cognac
    cognac
    I went to see hookers and it was about the 7th or 8th who helped me lose some of my massive inhibitions about the size of a mans manhood affecting his whole essence when with a naked female without having to pretend I was someone else - role play!!

- Well, that's one way of healing, lol... Wouldn't have even thought of that... but, glad that it worked...

woman is not interested apart from when he pesters her!

A LOT of JW women are like that. Just cause they have been taught for so long that sex is wrong and bad. It is very, very difficult for some to let go of that. It is very difficult for them to just completely let go of themselves like that as a woman (not sure about men) esp with all the rules on sex... It's very sad, really...

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

1. went to university and had my eyes opened. 2. researched "apostate" websites and joined this forum so that I could educate myself regarding the "truth"

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- To heal myself and move on from the cult I got busy developing enjoyable hobbies which fascinate me ! I collect early 1920's to 1930's art prints, and frame them myself. Wildlife sceneries, mountains, rivers, lakes, fishing , hunting, camping scenes. Also indian maiden prints , etc . Great colors in those old prints ! Been collecting for 10 years now ! Love to golf , go fishing, backpacking, camping ,photography, listen to rock and blues music, live or recorded , play scrabble with my wife, as I do most of these other activities with her as well !

Also, to help me deal with the anger against the organization- I am involved in helping others get out of the witness cult, and I enjoy assisting others to know how to cope after getting out of the " mind controlling " cult of all cults ! I find more fulfillment now in helping people learn how to move on after the witnesses ; than I did in all the 44 years I was in the witnesses preaching the " bad news " to people in their neighborhoods. Much more fulfilling now ! JUst gotta stay busy and happy doing fun, meaningful things ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cognac
    cognac
    I am involved in helping others get out of the witness cult, and I enjoy assisting others to know how to cope after getting out of the " mind controlling " cult of all cults !

Well, I know you have helped me a lot. Things can be very confusing and your help is very much appreciated!!! You and your wife have become family to many of us!!!

1. went to university and had my eyes opened. 2. researched "apostate" websites and joined this forum so that I could educate myself regarding the "truth"

Didn't you know University's are the Devil's workshop??? j/k - good for you Mamo!!!

• Casper
    Casper

Great Job Cognac.......

You're moving right along...

For myself, I was in therapy for 2 years, which helped a great deal. I also found this site and knew for certain I wasn't alone when it came to my feelings about the witnesses and their teachings.

I got involved in a hobby that kept me around like minded people and I met a wonderful man and got remarried....

Things have been better ever since...

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit