praying before a meal

by megaflower 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sirona
    Sirona

All good questions L&R

I'm not sure.

I don't see god as a giant vending machine in the sky. I do however see "divinity" as existing and connecting us all and I put my grateful thoughts out there because I do believe that appreciating abundance attracts abundance!

Sirona

• Free
    Free

Like those who would pray extra long in restaurants just to be seen. How pathetic it was to watch, Some would even look around after to see who noticed.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Thank someone.

The food didn't materialize out of thin air.

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Wow. It kind of blows my mind that some folks are so quick to condemn others for praying. If I'm in public I say a quick silent prayer. At home Hubby and I take turns saying grace before meals. We haven't always, so it's kind of nice. I am truly thankful for every morsel on my plate, and I know that I couldn't put it there without Him. -Potential

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh Perry !!!! you warmed the cockles of my heart to read this >...Your sons prayer. I believe Gods family is like a big family .....Just as I used to tell my BIG KIDS to "be quite because I cant hear what the baby is saying with you making all that noise. "..... I do believe he tells all us BIG KIDS to be quite ,,,HE cant hear what the babies are saying..... - I NOW KNOW HOW MUCH GOD LOVES TO HEAR HIS CHILDREN PRAY. Yes your right in MY opinion....

Mouthy/Granny/grace

• Free
    Free

What about all the starving children in Africa ? Think they pray for food and wonder why God has forgot about them ? Oh, but that is Satan's fault, I forgot.

Praying is a form of OCD. Just eat.

• moshe
    moshe

Once a week in our home on Friday evening when we kindle the Shabbat candles.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Karma?

• megaflower
    megaflower

Thanks to all, some wonderful thoughts and insight. I hope that one day I will be able to internalize and vocalize some positive thoughts, and thankfulness. I have been out only 3 months from the WT cult so I find it hard to show thanks. Perhaps it is still too fresh. Iam so pissed off.

• Free
    Free

MegaFlower, Welcome, it's OK to be pissed.I am constantly pissed, You will get many different views here that vary tremendously, Misconstrued sometimes is an understatement or bold can be an overstatement, Some drive by and shout out the car window others stand in the middle of the street. Some keep there mouths shut which is something I say to myself sometimes when I hit send. One thing is I feel good sometimes also. As long as you reply or post or start a new topic or butt into someone else's, you must say what you feel and now believe. When people pray before they eat I understand and can reason that that's what they believe. Exiting the Watchtower mess isn't easy, Some of us see thing's much different now as far as invisible Beings noticing prayer or thanking our employer's for giving us jobs so we can have that food on that table for our families. Whatever you say or now think is OK and helps with healing. If I offend people the first person I forgive is myself. Live Free or die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit