I Missed Memorial - First time in 30 years! Thanks to you!

by Witness 007 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I also missed mine--the third in a row. And I didn't lift a finger to help them distribute their wastes of paper--hopefully, they didn't finish like they were supposed to have.

I wonder what they are going to do with these campaigns when no one is willing to show up to help.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorry MOG too late!! But thanks anyway.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I missed the Memorial for the first time ever....broke a streak of 35 or 36 years..dont know when mom first dragged me to the Kingdumb Hell.... She doesnt know for certain yet I missed.

Snakes ()

• MOG
    MOG
    Sorry MOG too late!! But thanks anyway.

I did too for about 20 years..

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The incredible situation I see here is that 'worldy' folks who stick together for love and frienships sake with their beliefs are questioned as to whether their faith is genuine by JWs but when one of their 'own' works out all the circular reasoning, they employ the self same tactics they denounce in others!

So whilst it's not a deliberately perceivable cruelty, it is another example of their devious circular reasoning as a last gasp attempt, from their myriad of floating stepping stones, to get you to fall back into their waters!

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

Me too. my first not going to the Witness Memorial.

My spouse and I had our own Memorial at home. Made unleaven bread and got kosher wine.

It was the best memorial....because we strictly read scriptures...including the scriptures citing that
    everyone should be partaking. And we didn't have to waste our time listening to the annointed class crap.

It was private and more personal....never going to go back to the formal one again.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I wanted to stop Witnesses from coming around and trying to "encourage" me and my wife......trully send out a message that I'm NOT interested. But, in a tactful way....I just can't telll them to get lost since my mum is still a Witness....this is the end for me though I'm finished with it.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Well.....I was at a bar in SoHo drinking into oblivion and dancing to the jukebox with my brother. We ate spicy dumplings, kangaroo and drank lots of Crown Royal and Ginger Ale.

Then I went to Easter Services at a church in Manhattan on Sunday. The pastor was a lesbian wearing pink and green boots! It was the best Sunday talk I have ever heard. There were even ballerinas dancing during one of the hymns.

momz

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In most cases the "observers" aren't "observing" anything because there's nothing to "observe". There aren't enough "annointed ones" to go around, so most congregations don't "observe" any "partaking". The only thing most JWs "observe" is other JWs attempting to "observe" the "unobservable".

Just an "observation".

W

• Casper
    Casper

FF, I loved this...

In most cases the "observers" aren't "observing" anything because there's nothing to "observe". There aren't enough "annointed ones" to go around, so most congregations don't "observe" any "partaking". The only thing most JWs "observe" is other JWs attempting to "observe" the "unobservable".

Just an "observation".

So true, Not one partaker, the whole 13 years I was in.

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit