I Missed Memorial - First time in 30 years! Thanks to you!

by Witness 007 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Last year I turned up to make everyone happy.......but this year I just could'nt force myself to go. Some Witnesses called on the day to "encourage" us to go....my mum called to make sure I go.....but I just couldn't put my tie on! After being on this site for awhile I feel like I have moved on. My wife did go, her first meeting in many months because they have been calling on her pretending to be friendly. {Love bombing}

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

witness, i know how ya feel. i made my annual trudge with my head hung low into the kingdumb hell. not this year. i had people calling me from all over. my mother who knows i'm apostate left me a message asking if i was going. i didn't answer the phone. she called my wife and she told her we weren't going. she called me today and didn't even mention it. guess she gets it. i hope anyway.

• penny2
    penny2

Good on you, 007. I think the memorial attendance is going to be pretty low this year in Australia. As you know, it is a national tradition to go away for the four days of Easter. It would have been too tempting for many of the "one meeting a year" attenders to say away.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Just out of coincidence, this year marks the 30th year I haven't attended, have to keep my personal integrity intact

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

How dare you blame your "spiritual" negligence on us! Ugh!

wINQ

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I missed my the Memorial the first time in 53 years. Clyde hasn't gone for three years, and my son and daughter-in-law stayed home too. We didn't miss it a bit.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS says the Memorial is for the anointed and the rest are just there to "observe." It's like being at a party but not even a guest. This is the 6th year we have not gone. We have our own observance at home where we are part of the process not just an observer. Then we visited a friend's church for their service...excellent sermon though the rituals are not to my taste.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I missed it for the first time in 10 years myself!

• chickpea
    chickpea

this year was the cherry popper for me too....first time in 20 yrs....

i watched "jesus christ superstar" instead ..... my first real attachment to christianity during my formative years, so very moving in a nostalgic sort of way

"jesus christ! superstar! do you think you're who they say you are?"

• MOG
    MOG

it must have been tough Witness007...but it gets easier over time..Just dont loose faith in God

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit