PROVE you are a conscious being

by journey-on 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MOG
    MOG

damn..I took a picture of myself..Smile MOG!!!

• MOG
    MOG

damn..I took a picture of myself..Smile MOG!!!

• journey-on
    journey-on

There is some absolutely amazing cutting edge technology being developed in the field of "thinking computers", programs that are

taking artificial intelligence to the next level. Would you consider these computers "conscious"?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Who said I am conscious?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

JO,

Ive thought a lot about this. AI is not dead, it is very real and in use already. Not human level yet but it is coming.

What if parts of your brain were replaced a little at a time with cybernetic parts until your organic brain was completely gone. Your stream of consciousness would not be interupted. You would think for all intents and purposes you are the same you. The fact though would be that you would be an artificial intelligence.

This leads me to wonder if consciousness exists at all. Our brain may be an organic computer running consciousness emulation. We think we are conscious, but it is an illusion?

• MOG
    MOG

Hi Lily

Rough night?? hahahh

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Our brain may be an organic computer running consciousness emulation

IP_SEC....this is what I am looking for in this discussion...THANK YOU.

If your above statement is plausible, who/what holds the consciousness emulation "program"?

EDITED TO ADD: I'll bet not one single hardcore atheist (a person who does not

believe in a Conscious Universal Creative Energy) will respond to this thread.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

JO,

lol I am an atheist, but im not afraid to discuss something.

I dont think consciousness is the mysterious thing it once was.

Ok take a chatbot for example. It has been programmed to respond to human language. To someone who doesnt comprehend the programming and training, its like OMFG this computer is intelligent enough to talk back to me!!! There is really nothing magical to it.

A dog is self aware and can learn to take human language commands. Does the dog understand the commands? No it is responding to its training just as the chatbot.

I propose that we do not understand language, we are just doing the same thing as the dog or chatbot but on a higher level. We are responding to our training. Its just that the response is on a lower layer of the programming, the upper layer of the program lets us think we understand and are making a choice.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

I farted. I know this because I detected the scent and sound and because I felt it. I also had an emotional reaction to it. It also produced an emotional reaction from others around me.
    I farted. I know it, and others confirmed it, therefore I am a conscious being.

• journey-on
    journey-on

A dog is self aware and can learn to take human language commands. Does the dog understand the commands? No it is responding to its training just as the chatbot.

I propose that we do not understand language, we are just doing the same thing as the dog or chatbot but on a higher level. We are responding to our training. Its just that the response is on a lower layer of the programming, the upper layer of the program lets us think we understand and are making a choice.

What/whose language? What training? Whose training program? Training for what purpose? The programming?

IP_SEC.....please continue with this elaboration of thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit