PROVE you are a conscious being

by journey-on 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Robdar
    Robdar

I think, therefore I am. I think.

A philosopher walks into a bar. The bartender asks, "may I help you?" The philosopher answers, "I think not." And poof! He disappeared.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Interesting point, Robdar (although I'm not sure you intended to make it.....lol).

But, based on what you said: " A philosopher walks into a bar. The bartender asks, "may I help you?"

The philosopher answers, "I think not." And poof! He disappeared," was Terri Schiavo "conscious"

when they decided to kill end her life?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Interesting point, Robdar (although I'm not sure you intended to make it.....lol).

But, based on what you said: " A philosopher walks into a bar. The bartender asks, "may I help you?"

The philosopher answers, "I think not." And poof! He disappeared," was Terri Schiavo "conscious"

when they decided to kill end her life?

Jaysus Christ, Journey on. There wasn't a point to it. It was a joke, an old one that's been around for years. . Remind me not to invite you to any parties.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Thanks for backing me up Last Nephilim

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm conscious, but everyone else is a figment of my imagination. They've been inserted into my mind by some sick, twisted supreme being for the sole purpose of annoying me.

W

• journey-on
    journey-on

LOL.....just as I suspected, Robdar. You WEREN'T trying to make a point.

I'm trying to make one, but IP_SEC seems to be the only one half-way getting it!

If one is unable to THINK, but is still physically alive, is that being CONSCIOUS?

Don't answer, Robdar, but that was the question that popped into my head based on your joke.

Sorry if I'm being too serious today for you..

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I'm trying to make one, but IP_SEC seems to be the only one half-way getting it!

Sorry if I seem grumpy. I really thought this was a "light" topic. I mean, surely you do not think that any answer given is going to shed new light on this topic? That somehow we are going to solve this age old question?

Perhaps you should word your post differently. That way, those of us wishing to enjoy our Saturday can steer clear of this topic.

• heathen
    heathen

I don't think anything says it better than -- Life sucks then you die .

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Sorry if I seem grumpy. I really thought this was a "light" topic. I mean, surely you do not think that any answer given is going to shed new light on this topic? That somehow we are going to solve this age old question?

I get 'ya Robdar. Reading the topic on Evidence, Verifiable, Observable proof of the Existence of God started by Tuesday was the "inspiration" for my topic. How do you PROVE consciousness of any kind, be it ours or a creator's. If the words and descriptions you use to PROVE your own consciousness are inadequate and weak, how does one expect to PROVE the consciousness of the Universe?

Now, Ms. Grumpy, you may leave this topic and enjoy your Sat. afternoon. My apologies for steering you here with the wrong choice of words.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Now, Ms. Grumpy, you may leave this topic and enjoy your Sat. afternoon. My apologies for steering you here with the wrong choice of words.

Leave? With pleasure. LOL

Enjoy your discussion. I'll be sure to return when you want to discuss proving that you are not a conscious being.

later gator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit