What do you think about girls having boyfriends and vice versa?

by Open mind 42 Replies latest social relationships

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh and not being able to date when I was a teen did not stop me from becoming sexually active at age 16.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Having two girls aged 8 and 10 this is something I have thought alot about lately. Kids will experiment and do what feels natural, so, I think as parent's its important to be aware that while you cannot protect your child from everything and shelter them, by supervising what they do at a tender age, you can hopefully allow them to remain kids a bit longer and not be faced with adult problems.

My boyfriend has two girls as well, so we have already talked this all out, lol. We are going to be dealing with four teenage girls, we gotta have a plan. I have already talked to mine about safe sex, sexual disease, pregnancy and have been very open with them, because I want them to know, that when they are ready and contemplating having sex, tell mom, so we can figure out together the best way to protect them and their futures. We have the age of 16 in mind to allow an actual "boyfriend", meaning they can date, hang out, like boys, group date, before that age, however, we don't want them dating one boy exclusively until at least age 16, for obvious reasons. You can't police your child but you can try your best to guide them in a direction that will benefit their health and happiness well into adulthood. At least, that's the plan.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Wow. Thanks for all the recent replies.

I'm thinking of inventing a "chastity suit" that won't open until they're 18. How's that sound?

Here's a couple things my wife and I have done that MIGHT do some good.

1. We've always tried to be very open and non-prudish about sex talk in our household. In fact, I'm sure the kids would probably have preferred to hear LESS from my wife and I. So we've discussed STD's, pregnancy, birth control, sexless marriages, anatomical norms and anomalies, etc. We have pretty much avoided discussing oral sex though. Time will tell on that score. Anyway, I've made the point at least a couple of times now in general discussions that condoms in the hands of a horny teen male are not nearly as effective as condoms in the hands of a more experienced man. The bottom line: effective condom usage takes some practice and self-discipline. This is usually in the context of discussing the whole concept of so-called "Safe Sex".

2. I started keeping my humongous box of condoms in the hall closet where any family member can certainly see them. If one or two went missing, I wouldn't notice.

The unspoken expectation that our kids no doubt absorb from us and the K Hall is that they abstain until marriage. (If they buy into JWism.) Beyond that though, they also hear the practical reasons for either abstinence or condoms no matter what religious path they choose.

Any thoughts on JW teen girls getting the HPV vaccine?

OM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit