What do you think about girls having boyfriends and vice versa?

by Open mind 42 Replies latest social relationships

• Mincan
    Mincan

I think it's a socially constructed meme, but just the same, wish I wasn't raised a JW... how did one person put it "destroy their sexuality"...

• JK666
    JK666

It is all vanity!

Read Proverbs!

Women are a vexation! 12 or 52, doesn't matter.

Have a nice day. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

JK

• dinah
    dinah

JK, LOL! Hubby tells me that all the time. He says I'm the devil. Go figure!

The main reason I let my daughter have her male friends over is because I want to keep an eye on them. Also, because I remember when I was told no as a teen I just went to a friend's house and did whatever it was I wanted to do.

My daughter doesn't have to sneak around. But she is so much more responsible than I was at her age. She's had no JW influence to make her all crazy.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

As somebody who had a lot of teenybopper relationships and who had sex younger than I ever ought to have and who by pure dumb luck never got any of them pregnant because probably half the time we didn't even use protection (and I don't even want to think about the possibility that maybe I did get one of them preg and was never told because it would kill me to know that I ever put a girl through that mess), I highly recommend very limited dating for teenagers. :)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I am preparing to take my daughter to a dance at school that I didn't know about until today. I also found out that Dad said she can dance with the boys if they ask. Well, she'll be 13 in June. Guess it was bound to happen. I just don't have to like it do I?

momz

• llbh
    llbh

We have to be realisitic about these things so i told my daughter who is lovely and 15 looking 20 that if a guy does anything he should not that he will need hospital food.

Thank goodness she is a trainee JW !!

David

• Free
    Free

It's called being normal.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My wife has a boyfriend and a girlfriend... I'm ok with it!

However she's quite a bit older than 12~

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Wow, mkr. Does she let you watch? That's strange, but if it works for ya'll...I'm glad.

• horrible life
    horrible life

My daughter has had "boy friends" , and has been "going out" since she was 9 years old. They come, and they go. Her heart was broken the first few times, but, then she started breaking their hearts!!

The funniest thing, that I had to point out of course, that as soon as the tears stop, the phone rings. Word gets around fast. We have, a few times, wagered how long it would take for the phone to ring, and a new guy ask her out.

The kids flirt with each other, starting at very young ages. With their changing looks, the boy that you have known for 4 years, starts to become good looking all of the sudden in 3rd grade, and you go out with him next. But the big thing, They don't go anywhere!! You would be surprised, they really don't even talk to each other, other than at school. Boys that age, don't have anything to say to girls. Any telephone conversations are short.

My thoughts

She is 16 1/2 now, and isn't desperate for attracting a boy. I have always talked very frank to her. Telling her what some (or most) boys will say. Their lines they give. She sees it all of the time, watched her friends get suckered into doing things they shouldn't. She has already seen how a guy will say they love you, and you go off to summer camp for 1 week, and they are with another girl.

She isn't waiting til she reaches that MAGIC number to run out and try to get a guy, and go crazy at the first one she dates. Wanting to "prove" her love, for a boy. Her peers are falling all over themselves, having their hearts broken, and she tells them, that there are more fish in the sea, and much better ones at that.

She may be looking for the perfect guy, but what is wrong with that? Especially at age 16. She liked the boy that carried her books. Another that wrote her alot of notes. One who didn't talk to my husband or I, she dumped pretty fast. She loved the boy that always just started helping her dad or I. (I liked that one alot) Got rid of the one who would look the other way, when it was time to help out.

Is the above trying to find the perfect guy? I don't think so, it is just her eyes open, at a young age, and has her colored glasses off. Her good head on her shoulders, about boys, I credit to "dating" at a young age, and a very open dialogue between her and I.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit