What do you think about girls having boyfriends and vice versa?

by Open mind 42 Replies latest social relationships

• horrible life
    horrible life

A couple more things. The only "alone" time I ever gave her and the boys, were on the front porch, watching all of the neighborhood kids play. If I took them to the movies, they could hold hands, or even give each other a peck or two, but no long lip locks. I was the "cool" mom, but my eyes were, and are, very wide open.

I don't trust her, or boys, any further than I can throw them.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I fail to see any problem if two humans get romantically involved qnd explore sex together - so long as they are well educated and responsible about all the issues involved and take sensible precautions and are supported in doing so!

The biggest problems usually stem from fear and distance from adults they fear and so get no support and end up stressed and at low ebs getting pregnant or into rebellious moods.

Maybe its better to prevent by support and advice and freechoice than to oppress and limit and restrict and imbue fear into what should be a beautiful life experience?

That would be my feeling - for adults to know how to chat stuff through and give support if the couple feel they want sex together. Sex is nature! Sex is a beautiful experience for both! Pity so many tensions surround it that cant be looked at in a calmer trusting way IMO.

Trouble is lots of families aren't in touch with each other well enough to enable the above but that's likely due to social issues anyhow which tend to replicate - proving that intolerance is perhaps not a solution?

• loosie
    loosie

I think 12 is too young. My 12 year old says everyone else parents let them do it. I told her it's to young. then her best friend got a boyfriend. The next day they had broken up because her parents found out. So I guess not everyone's parents let their kids date at 12 years old..

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

12 - 14 is just too young. I have a lot of pregnant teens in my area, average age is 14. My daughter is 15, I let her go to a school dance with a boy. If she likes a boy, he has to come to my home to hang out. She does not go anywhere alone with him. My son is 13 and not interested in girls quite yet. I think 16 is a good age to start dating. Thats imo. Peace, Lilly

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I don't think it should be allowed until after 16. Do it Mexican style with a quinceƱera at 15. Any sooner is trouble, and I don't really think it counts when you're dating in HS anyway..

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My grandson is 12. He has a girlfriend. She's been working up to tell him she likes him for months now. She told him yesterday she'd tell him today whether she liked him or not. It took her until after lunch to tell him. He is delighted.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh and, my grandson isn't dating. They like each other.

• BFD
    BFD

However old you are in 5th grade is when I had my first steady girl friend. We broke up in 7th grade but later popped each other's cherries in high school when we were 16. We're still long distance friends.

I really don't remember my first same sex experience other than circle jerks in the locker room and my science lab partner, Frank.

Who knows with kids?

I turned out alright. RighT?

**crickets**

BFD

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Sure I saw a news item about a king aged 11 marrying this week!

Cant locate it now but it does raise interesting questions when funding/support/approval is in place as to what is regarded as reasonable.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Everybody thinks that "going out" means dating. This is just saying that you are my boyfriend or girlfriend. The only place you see each other is school, or if mom is nice enough to take you to the movies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit