Were You Ever Counseled Because Of What You Wore (or didn't)?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I got my hair pulled once.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i remember in the late 60's when my dad became a jw; ( my never became a jw mom) would go to the hall every week wearing pant's the jw sisters ( all black would hate my mom white) my mom never really wanted to go to the hall. but would go once a week. well they always picked on my mom. and she would allways ask if it was a fashion contest.? and would never wear a dress and tell them to go FU_k THEMselves. my mom takes no shit. so one day at the hall some sister goes to tell my dad that my brother( about 8 years old) had a fight with some jw kid at school. and my dad beat the shit out of my brother at the hall. WELL MY MOM GOT UP A DRAGGED the sister of this kid out of her seat . and kicked the living SHIT out of her right in the hall. and my dad stuck up for the jw's and my mom and us kids all took the bus home. and we went to MC DONALDS. THAT was the last time my mom ever went to the hall. I'm glad she kicked some ass that day and none of her kids ever joined the wt. THANK YOU MOM

• minimus
    minimus

Johnny, why does your account make perfect sense?? I can picture it!

• inkling
    inkling
    There, the sisters would never think of wearing jeans or any other pants to the Kingdom Hall.

Wait.. so are you saying that in France they DID wear jeans to the KH?

[inkling]

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Can you call it counseling me when I disagreed, didn't change, and HAD THE CO agree with me?!!!!

hahahaha There was no future in their hatin'.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was once counseled for wearing this tie. They said it was too bright.

I got pissed off and bought this new tie and wore it to the next meeting with a black suit and black shirt.

They never bothered me about my ties again. In the cult, a man's tie is one of the few ways he can express his individuality. I wasn't going to let them go that far.

W

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I once was on the minutes and rushed out and entered a meeting without my tie and wearing a jockstrap absent my trousers!

The elders councelled me about the tie and all the sisters giggled and never flirted with me again!

So I know their protocol and sexual aspirations very well!

• minimus
    minimus

Page 3....Read Johnny Cip/ Judge Rutherfraud's account of how he's praising his mother. WACKO then, WACKO now----no matter what name he uses.
    He's still a FRAUD.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I remember the one time I was to give a part from the platform at a circus assembly. The brother looked our clothes, hair and nails over in minute detail. I felt like I was in the army. "You call that a shine on those shoes....drop and give me twenty!" I thought that was going to happen when one brother was told his shoes needed shined....because yes, people can see that from waaaay out in the audience onto the stage. *eye roll*

I was all right, because I was buttoned up to there and wearing something that had it had a full length skirt, could have passed in Victorian England.

I knew how strict it was going to be from other sisters who had done assembly parts, so I made sure I looked like a school marm from Little House on the Prairie. I even had my hair up in a bun. I could have been Amish, except for the buttons on my dress and jacket. LOL

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

My husband used to wear a red tie with a black cartoon sheep on it standing in the middle of a flock of white ones. No one ever said a word to him about it.

It was his favorite tie. He always wore it when he could. If they'd said anything about it...well, they didn't. He also wore a short trimmed beard and moustache most of the time. *G*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit