Why exactly do you come to this board?

by R.Crusoe 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• berylblue
    berylblue

I come here on and off now - this is the longest in quite some time I've hung around. Usually because I'm lonely and depressed and need to connect.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

To hang out and unwind...I'm in no way interested in contributing to the 'Racism' thread...too stressful

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

geez, it's been over 6 years now since I first started trolling this board. Wow. Back then Nina, my wife, was still a titular Witness and I was searching for answers on how to get her out .

Chris

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes, msjones, those contraversial threads are stressful. I know what you mean - I brought one up.

Berylblue, nice to see you again. I know... this place is like an addiction in itself. Hope all is well with you.

I think I come back here to see what's new in the dub world. It's difficult to keep up with the new light.... I'll be gone again soon, but probably back in a few years. Past behavior is indicative of future behavior, or someone told me once.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is a successful distraction from reality wouldn't you say?

Though I must admit the inferences some are inclined to draw about posters they have no intimate conversations with are always a measure of flawed thinkers IMHO!

So many times I see this but as many of you know, some humans tend to psycho orgasm off jumping to conclusions about why and why nots! And some are addicted to it! They have no other mind mode usually due to their conditioning!

On the whole though there are lots of 'personalities' attempting to 'virtually' help or test each others perceptions of reality since the reality we all came from is so flawed!

A healthy endeavour IMO.

Not sure where it leaves us but it can be little worse than JW mind bending IMO!

• watson
    watson

Curiosity.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

at first I came here to heal amongst others who were able to understand how and why I became damaged.

now I come here mostly to find out what's going on in the JW world so that I can be on the alert. My family will never stop in their efforts to force my children back, so I need to always have ammunition at ready.

I also come here because I've become interested in many of the people here and want to know how they are doing.

sometimes I think I'm just drawn here subconsciously - the last few days I think I must be having a bit of a crisis with the memorial approaching. That was when the big attack on me and my family came, so I think I'm just needing emotional reinforcement

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

You guys have a Happy Easter.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Beer and hot ass! Thats why. (ok so maybe i am off)

• Back on Track
    Back on Track

I have been viewing this board over the shoulder of my husband for a while now. He has found it to be very helpful and informative. When he was DF 4 years ago and lost family and friends this board was a constant companion for him and he would talk to me about all the experiences. I left at the same time and we both felt very alone but knowing others were going through similar experiences helped a lot. My husband has been my sounding board and as I am a quiet person I have refrained from commenting. We are both in a good place in our lives having moved on but I am sure this board will continue to be a part of our lives. Thank you to all, keep moving forward and embrace life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit