oh my goodness!

by west123 46 Replies latest members private

• megawatt
    megawatt

Fantastic!

I only dream of having the opportunity to put an elder on the spot like that. Exactly knowledge, huh? And what's more sickening is the fact the elder knew and accpeted the reasoning for being a UN NGO member. Good for him for stirring up the pot! I can only imagine the damage control these eleders are having tp implement, even if it affected only a handful of witnesses at that book study that night...

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Very well done! It is a meeting for interested ones, and a bible discussion. While asking a question during the bookstudy, or even the WT study, is not common it has never been frowned upon. Unless you stump the conductor! I'll be willing to bet that this will start a question wildfire in your hall. Sounds like you are both prepared for questions. But are you prepared for the ramifications of answering them? There will be negative feedback from the elders, possibly a JC meeting for apostasy.

You better marry this guy quick. He has a brain and he isn't too chicken to use it.

momz

• carla
    carla

It's threads like this that make an excellent anti witness for non witnesses. Here you have a man asking a question that is apparently taboo in the jw society, then you have others complimenting his 'bravery' for simply asking a question and his being admonished in a back room for asking said question! Can anyone spell C-U-L-T?

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Pay NO attention to the man behind the curtain!

alt

Fight the power. your guy rocks.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

That's awesome ! It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The fact is that the elders will probably start by trying to scare him into submission. They're in a bind since the question was raised in front of the entire group and will be known by the entire congregation. The answer, "duh, since WTBTS was in the UN, we're removing you as a MS." So, the branch will be notified and approve his removal. Now the entire congregation knows that the WTBTS doesn't have an answer for their membership status, are hypocrites, and have no response except "shut up suckers!"

Gosh, maybe they won't let him be a microphone handler anymore either ! How can someone survive without such privileges?... Very well.

• flipper
    flipper

WEST 123- Your fiance is my new hero ! It took a lot of courage and love of what is right and just for him to speak out like he did ! Kudos to him for doing it ! You can tell him that for me please ! The witnesses are a " mind control cult " and train their rank and file publishers to never question the authority of the elders or governing body - even when they are wrong. That is why this Watchtower society organization needs to come down ! Please keep us informed about what happens to your fiance. Be supportive to him - he will need your support ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Big balls of brass to be sure. This reminds me of an old poster here-LittleToe, who DA'd himself from the podium while giving a talk. He still managed to do it in a classy, loving way while pointing out WTS bullshit. Amazing really. I'm sure one of the JWD old-timers can find the link. There is actually an audio recording of the talk. Amazing, really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit