oh my goodness!

by west123 46 Replies latest members private

• sacolton
    sacolton

The Holy Spirit is at work here.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

No need to be nervous - just watch and see before your eyes how time will deal him the hand he must play!

If you question the dealer, they may just deal you a losing hand!

• reniaa
    reniaa

You can look it up the defence of JW's viewpoint which is an intersting read too

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/

I n October 2001 The Guardian newspaper in the United Kingdom accused Jehovah's Witnesses of hypocrisy for being registered with the United Nations’ (UN) Department of Public Information (DPI) as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). The newspaper claimed that all NGOs must support the United Nations, therefore Jehovah's Witnesses were guilty of hypocrisy because of teaching the United Nations is the prophesied “disgusting thing” of Revelation.

The Watchtower Society, the legal corporation used by Jehovah's Witnesses, immediately withdrew the DPI NGO membership. They explained that the requirements for being a DPI NGO had changed since they first signed up in 1992, and they then thanked The Guardian for bringing the matter to their attention. —See the Letter from the Chairmans Committee

hmmm i'm in two minds about your story, firstly was your fiance right to put the elder on the spot like that? He certainly chose an obscure subject that at the time he was fully primed with all the info for, in a situation where the elder would be not expecting it, deliberately, would it have been fairer to say I'm going to be asking a question at the book study later on UN and NGO status?

He has a right to answers but his motives and choice of setting makes even me wonder if he wished to create a confrontational situation publically.

difficult one! because I can see both sides, yes he has a right to know if this is something on his mind but his choice of setting does smack of deliberate manipulation.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

... at the book study tonight...The revelation book is talking about the UN and how it was the League of Nations and then was abyssed..etc..

I personally thought the timing of the question was perfect.

I see no need to warn the book study conductor in advance that you are planning to ask a question and especially what the question is about. In all likelihood the question would not be allowed had he mentioned it in advance. This is probably the first time any or at least most of the JWs in attendance heard anything about the WTBTS being an NGO member of the UN.

Because the WTBTS has been so devious about their explanation and attempts to cover this up, any opportunity to question the things they have done should be taken advantage of by anyone with the courage to speak up whenever it would help the most people. Perhaps this will encourage those others present to do some research of their own.

A big thank you to your fiance.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

When inviting new ones to meetings we used to say they were "bible based discussions". So why not ask questions? I remember my dad used to do that at bookstudy in the mid 70s when he was just starting to study. It was so cool. He'd never do that now (elder).

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

That is briliant and is what the book study should be all about.It must have been like a breath of fresh air floating across the room.

How dangerous can it be to ask questions which you would encounter going from door to door.It makes a change from the parrot style question and answers.

Question;

Brothers and sisters how to we know that statement is true?

Answer;

Because it says so in the book we are studying in front of us.

• oompa
    oompa

Glad he and you are questioning things, but get used to the dissapointment in not getting answers. I have written WTBS serious, well researched questions expecially about our fraudulent bible the NWT, and the replies were DREADFUL and only read to me by my elders. The entire process was very clandestine, cause they were busted..........take care.......oompa

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Can you imagine this elder being put on the spot like that? His answer and the rebuttal to the answer about 9/11 and all. The rest of the book study group KNEW that there was something amiss here!

There is no doubt in my mind that he is in for a JC and he will be asked for either an apology for doing this in front of the bs or remorse.

More power to him. WOW! What courage this takes only on your information.

NMG

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Cool and Gutsy move.

I have question, though - how come your bookstudy is at the kingdom hall? Most are held at private houses unless it's a daytime group. I'm confused.

-Aude.

• west123
    west123

there are about 140 publishers in our hall and also a spanish congregation..we have six book studies, two of which are at the kingdom hall...they have those two at the hall, one at night and one in the morning, they say its for interested ones to come and be able to always know there is a meeting at the kingdom hall to go to....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit