oh my goodness!

by west123 46 Replies latest members private

• golf2
    golf2

What? the conductor said, "...when we realize the rules of being an NGO had changed..." What crap!!!!!
    The scriptures is very clear about fellowshiping with unbelievers. Read 2Cor.6:14-17 and in particular verse 17. It reads, "Therefore get out from among them and separate yourselves, says Jehovah, and QUIT TOUCHING THE UNCLEAN THING, ..." Who the hell are they kidding? This scriptures finds them GUILTY!!!

Golf

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

This silliness about not questioning the organization is ridiculous. The Bible says to always question and verify the truth of religious teachings.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

if the boreans can question the apostle paul your husband can question his bs conductor unless of course the organization or anyone in it believes that they are superior to paul...

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I think this was perfect. The Society must be prepared to publicly speak about its actions, especially when it is so public in its denunciations (of the UN, of the Atholic Church...). The elders are the representatives of the faith in every respect and should be informed, responsive and responsible.

Excellent post, thank you.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    he told him him and another elder would speak with him after the thursday night meeting and they would discuss his status...

WTF?? LOL - We all knew this would happen but it still shocks me when I see it actually played out.

Also, I don't think your fiance is so naive that he didn't realize this would happen. Only a brand-spankin-newbie at the kingdom hall actually *asks* a question during a meeting. Especially one that is clearly such a blatant fireball. I think your fiance knew *exactly* what he was doing. And that took guts. Congrats to both of you. Be ready for some action-packed discussions in the next few days - followed by either an announcement from the platform or complete avoidance and possible 'marking'.

They actually want to discuss his status?? Why? - Because he dares to ask a logical question. He actually put 2 and 2 together and got 4 but that's not the answer the GB wants him to have.

Why not? Because they run a cult.

Didn't the apostles question and challenge Jesus? I don't think he threatened them when they did that. Did he?

-Aude.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Cool! That is so great!

As they say "if its the truth it should stand up to scrutiny"

As someone else said, its a cult, that is why they don't want you to ask questions, especially not publicly.

Sirona

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "he thought for sure they would be able to give him a real answer..."

They did!

• still_in74
    still_in74

bttt

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I just want to add my APPLAUSE!

That took so much guts on so many levels. The horse has now left the gate. I think the way the elders treat your fiance will speak volumes to the rest of the congregation. The 'brothers in oversight' will need to seriously weigh their options because they are treading a fine line. Hopefully, they will each do a full investigation of the entire issue themselves, before taking the action mandated by 'mother'. Any 'harrassment' of your fiance for his 'freedom of speech' would be a violation of human rights, imo, and those elders should be made aware of that too. They will probably need to be educated in what 'freedom of speech' actually means in 21st century North America.

• horrible life
    horrible life
    Any 'harrassment' of your fiance for his 'freedom of speech' would be a violation of human rights, imo, and those elders should be made aware of that too. They will probably need to be educated in what 'freedom of speech' actually means in 21st century North America.

But Meeting Junkie, Do the Witnesses even recognize freedom of speech, or human rights? They play that card when they it is convenient for the organization, but for the individual? I think these points are mute.

Wish people would wake up. It just seems so transparent to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit