My JW mother passed away

by desbah 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sorry to hear of your loss desbah.

I send my condolences to you and your family.

Chris

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Desbah.

My condolences.

I am impressed with your dedication with the care you gave to your ailing mother.

You can have a clear conscience.

But it still does not make it easy.

When I think of some of the posts on here that get so much attention, it's easy for us to let the 'important' notices slide.

People need to be acknowledged for their loss.

I am acknowledging yours.

Respectfully yours,
    RAYZORBLADE

• flipper
    flipper

DESBAH- My wife and I send our heartfelt condolences to you. Sincerely, Mr. &Mrs. Flipper

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

So sorry to hear about your loss.

xxx Strawberry Cake

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Desbah - peace & courage to you. It's sad when you realise that your so called brother and sisters don't actually care as much as you thought and yet the people the condem show more concern.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry, to hear about your mom and her treatment. There was a non study article in the WT study article, detailing how jws should be assisting the sick and elderly. The information was good and accurate but it shows that the majority of jws are not doing this and have to be "encouraged" to do more, especially the elders. My experience was that one or two women in the congregation carried the load caring for these people if they had no jw relatives. Otherwise I would hear the elders say that it was the jw relatives responsibility even if they lived 2,000 miles away or were sick/disabled themselves. The WTS talks a good game but the reality is very different. You were able to help your mom and that is to your loving credit.

I have found too that if a jw has a nonjw spouse die that few if any go to the funeral although it is not in a church. Even fewer send sympathy cards. My BIL died and over 200 cards were sent, not a one from a jw to us and we were active then and my husband an elder.

Where is the love?

(((hugs))) Blondie

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I see much in your life has caused hurt and confusion! It is sad and without good reasons that aren't regreteable!

All the reasonings we had as JWs seemed like welcome solutions but alas became as sandcastles of thought on a seashore!

I wasn't at my dads funeral - had to sit in the car outside aged 11 with my 4 siblings due to psychologists thinking I'd be traumatised in some way!

I've been in the JW religion after leaving home in my teens ! Mum had studies long before I went in but she never did and rejected me for it without explanations - just her hot headed ways!

I'm no longer a JW and try as I did, have less than zero understanding with mum!

I will not be at her funeral!

I will likely never see her again! She lives 10 minutes away!

I would never have imagined such a situation! 26 yrs so close and yet so little contact and even less of an understanding of each other - due extras influencing thinking - but alas her and I should see past that and she will not!

But as many know - there are no words for some life events when the seas calm and the sand has settled and things just are the way they are!

My mind and heart are completely detached from my past!

I have no feeling attached to most individuals and that is much better than the hate spewed by some!

Sad and the way it is!

I walk my walk never knowing if there is a next step.

Thanks for sharing about your mum!

Are we all on an odd journey to a common ending?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Very sorry for your loss. You respected your mother and showed unconditional family love.
    The dubs in her life found it easier to forget about an old "unproductive" witness. Try to
    understand that they are under the WT mind-control.

What a sad cult.

I hope even that will give you peace. You did the right thing when her "friends" and JW family would not.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Desbah,I am sorry to hear of your pain.It sux..I hope you do know that the witnesses are not the whole world,and that most of us are not like that.Sounds like you do.Im proud that you took care of yer mum..Thats what counts.The universe will smile on you....

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

So sorry for your loss....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit