My JW mother passed away

by desbah 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

So sorry for your loss.

I had an entire congregation boycott my mom's funeral, though she believed until her last breath that it was the Truth [she was inactive for many years]. They mostly did it to punish me for daring to leave the cult. I am glad she could not see it - for she really thought God was with these people from the time she 'got the Truth' in 1960 till her recent death.

What a horrible lack of Christianity these people practice. Your love and attention to her is a tribute to her and to you. Peace and hope to you in this trying time.

Jeff

• caliber
    caliber

I wish you inner peace and comfort

Caliber

• crapola
    crapola

I am so sorry to hear about your Mother's death. And also just as saddened to hear how she was treated by her so called "cong sisters". That is definitely not the way to treat anyone, especially someone who because if age and health problems could no longer attend meetings. In that would be more of areason to do all we could for someone if they were sick.

Things like this really make me mad.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I hope you have fond memory of times in your lives!

That is where your love lies and others are external extras of little consequence in the eyes of the universe and all that is life!

You see how fickle it is that they demanded so much of her during her life as if some 'next life' depended on it!

That is the hurtful aspect - their claim to be godsent and sucking years of her life away!

But whatever forces gave you love between you and kept you in contact, preserve those as special things because they are full of meaning found nowhere else!

I wish you loving memories!

Take care!

• desbah
    desbah

This forum is really a road to recovery to me and once again I would like to express my gratiude to everyone who posted. Thank-you.

AK-Jeff

I had an entire congregation boycott my mom's funeral, though she believed until her last breath that it was the Truth

I know exactly how that feels. We tried to included the JW's to speak at the burial site and invited her JW "friends" to attend her funeral but nobody came.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit