My JW mother passed away

by desbah 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry for your loss and the additional pain you had to go through because of family.

You have a pm from me.....

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

You are a GREAT daughter to take care of your mother in her latter years.... you will never regret it and I'm sure your mom is so proud of you. May the Good Lord bless and comfort you ...

D.E.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Desbah,

Please accept my condolences. Unloving behavior and superior airs, maintained by JWs at such a tragic time, are unforgiveable (in a manner of speaking). I have such stories, too, but not now ...

Love,

CoCo

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I am sorry for the loss of your Mother.

alt

• oompa
    oompa

You have my sincere condolences. It sounds like your mom may have really had some great perspectives about her last days....even though the others in your family may have not......best wishes...........oompa

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Please accept my sympathy for the painful loss of your mom. Also the pain of dealing with JW family. My mother acted the same way about my sister's funeral. Even though I know that it's such a cliche` now, I think every JW when faced with showing love or blind-less devotion to a society crumbling from its rigid rules and regulations....should step back and ask themselves...."WWJD?"

I'm quite sure they would be conducting themselves very differently.

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less. The guilt has to be eating them alive. They just don't know it.

alt

• arwen
    arwen

I hope the wonderful memories you have of your mother will always comfort you. I miss my mom every day of my life..my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

• Twitch
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's death and your JW family members' unreasonable behavior. They will be sorry some day that they made that choice. I lost my JW mother a few years ago, too, and I can sympathize. I am glad you took the high road.

• desbah
    desbah

Thank-you everyone for your understanding and kind words.

At some point during my sorrow, I reread the book of Eccleesiastes (New Living Translation) and it gave me the strenght to endure my mother's death.

Reading the Bible has so much wisdom that I took for granted. Now I look at life with a new purpose and meaning, true religion should not divide people but unite people together for the common love and kindness for each other.

The Jehovah Witness organization do NOT have the "Truth", an ex-JW told me they were blinded until they open their Bibles and start reading straight from the source.

Now that this chapter in my life is over, I have no regrets or guilt for taking care of her. She gave me so much more than money can buy and I will miss her dearly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit