Forbidden Love?

by ZeroZen 52 Replies latest social relationships

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

She is probably fantasizing about converting you to her beliefs.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Welcome ZeroZen. Neat pic.

• MMae
    MMae

She is probably fantasizing about converting you to her beliefs.

This is very likely. Why not ask her about what her plans are for the future? A "good little Witness girl" will not miss the oportunity to begin preaching to you about her belief in the coming paradise earth. (This is a pretty good teaching - until they get to the part about only Jehovah's Witnesses getting in on it.) If on the other hand, she brings up nothing related to her faith in her plans for the future, it could mean that she is planning her great escape - and you might be her vision of a knight in shining armor. This is not necessarily a good thing. Once she's broken free from the cult, she may not have much need of you anymore. Also, it is very important that you quiz her about her religious beliefs. A great question would be, "Would your parents allow you to go out with a [insert your faith here?] or a non-JW? Would YOU ever go out with a non-JW? Would you be willing to come to my parent's home to have Easter with my family? Go to church with me? If she indicates that she doesn't believe everything that the JWs teach, tell her that you would like to learn more about the JWs, and also about which teachings she disagrees. This could turn into a sneaky (FUN) investigation of the religion that she may not be able to research entirely on her own without risking being caught be family members.

• DJK
    DJK
    Is it hard for young JW women to find a date that is true JW?

Most probable, there are no choices for partners in her Kingdom Hall.

Her outside interest is temporary at best.

For you there are more and better fish in the sea, keep fishing.

• oompa
    oompa
    zerozen: What would be the best way to bring this up?

I think you should just ask her..........right after you give her a mindblowing orgasam that thunders through her entire body!

Actually, even though I was raised in, so brainwased from birth...that did not stop me from falling for and having a relationship with a Catholic girl...unfortunately, I was still so brainwashed then, it was my inner goal to convert her the whole time....thank goodness for her that got old.

Before you get very involved though, it would be good to know if she has doubts or may even want a way out. How old are each you? BTW, JW's are conditioned that sex is only after marriage, and that dating is only for marriage.....not that they don't often break these rules, but thought you should know..............................................good luck..............oompa

I now will also use BFB (brainwased from birth) instead of "raised in the truth"

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Welcome Zero.

She may like you, but that doesn't mean that she would act on it. She definately would try to convert you, and you do not want that. Research the JW's and you will agree.

I'd cut my losses and find someone else.

momz

• jgnat
    jgnat

Do we have any chance of a relationship together?

The only way is to ask.

Would this mean she is weak in her beliefs if she is thinking of dating me, and maybe able to "Change"?

It all depends if she is thinking of dating you AND introducing you to her Witness friends and family. Many witnesses live two lives; one out in the world and one they show to their congregation. Make sure you are not a sideline.

She seems very nice and intelligent but I wonder how much she believes in the "truth" would there be a way to tell?

Ask her.

I hate bringing up religion it can be such a turn off to some people when starting a relationship. What would be the best way to bring this up?

With a Witness, it should be an exception to the rule. Bring it up early on. Witnesses aren't supposed to date casually anyways, only as a prelude to marriage. So they tend to get serious very quickly.

I have not had to think about religion when starting a relationship before but I have heard some bad things about JWs. What else should I know?

Read this: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/77159/1.ashx

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

If she's IN - then your dates will be at private places - her house or yours, or behind the dumpster at walmart.

If she's open to being OUT - then she'll go out to restaurants and places where other JWs might spot her.

• ZeroZen
    ZeroZen

Oompa Im 34 and I would guess she is about 24-26. I do not want to get married soon and Im sure my views on religion (and sex for that matter) are completly different from hers. I think the bible is a nice story which you can learn some things from but I would never take it literally. I think Budhism seems a more healing religion and I enjoy mediating for inner peace. The JWs seem to believe they have the truth and all other religions are false but dont Catholics, Chistians, Muslims, Jews believe they have the ultimate truth too? Why do JWs base much of the beliefs on the book of Revelations do they really believe the end is near? Is the religion based on fear and control? How would she go about tring to convert me? How could I convice her that some of the JW beliefs are wrong and th WT is just tring to sell magazines? I guess this would be a big cloud over the relationship and is seems like JW non JW relationships do not work out very well from what I have read on this site. It seems like they also spend a lot of time selling the religion door to door and the magazines.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Was her first question to you "are you happy?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit