Thinking of becoming a Witness again and my reasons for doing so :(

by reniaa 383 Replies latest jw experiences

• reniaa
    reniaa

/sigh I give up, next you'll be telling me i'm the secret police come to get you all.

you know sometimes something is just what it says it is! From what I've seen on the side of the posts the IP address change all the time,

I'm just a hardWORKing single mum, sirona I'm not playing this game with you anymore, I've tried to make my peace with you, it's your choice if you want to keep things going :(

reniaa (or at least I was last time I looked ^^)

• chikikie
    chikikie

lol she means housework.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I used to be a moderator on this site and from what I remember, the IP encoding that you see on each post is UNIQUE to each individual posting from a given computer. This was put in place by Simon as a security measure. This suggests that on the ONE post where Reniaa's IP exactly matches Chikikie's IP, they used the same computer to log in.

Just because Reniaa's IP changes frequently (presumably something to do with the ISP she uses) doesn't change the fact that on that one post, they had the identical encoding.

I suspect that Simon or one of the mods will sort this out. They can also check the actual IPs and find out where people ACTUALLY live too.

Sirona

• chikikie
    chikikie

Even im pannicking because this is IMPOSSIBLE because we live in different areas. So its a tech issue, I live in the Devon. She lives in Yorkshire. Must be site error.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    This suggests that on the ONE post where Reniaa's IP exactly matches Chikikie's IP, they used the same computer to log in.

Not exactly. That would be the case if the computer is directly connected to the internet. I have a firewall and that's the IP that is registered here. Behind my firewall I have 7 computers. I could post from all of them and the site would register the same IP address, that of my firewall. As to finding out where someone lives, the area could be determined but not the exact building without the co-operation of the person's ISP.

W

• chikikie
    chikikie

oh thats a relief, he can tell where the areas the ip is coming from, he'll see that im in devon and she is in yorkshire. thank goodness, was worried that Id get banned for about 5 mins lol how silly am I

• Sirona
    Sirona

Chikikie,

I think the mods can see the actual IP address, therefore they can look at general location for you both.

FF

Yes, but the firewall is localised, isn't it? So even if it wasn't the same computer it would have to be the same house? Or am I missing something?

Sirona

• chikikie
    chikikie

Anyway sirona, i have PMd simon so Im sure he'll sort this Ip business out. Im lol puzzled.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Maybe they're both the most recent incarnations of Trevor?

• reniaa
    reniaa
    Maybe they're both the most recent incarnations of Trevor?

probably a stupid question but whose trevor?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit