Immigration

by Princess Daisy Boo 73 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Sammielee,

Thank you for posting the article. The current South African & Zimbabwe state has alot to do with communism and the corrupt leaders. I find your insight of black-on-black violence to be very insightful. It's about power & communism.

Yes, there is a "battered wife syndrome" whereas the battered wife beats her beloved children, who beat the dogs. Violence breeds violence. When a person is beat down so long, they beleive they are not worthy. This lack of self esteem makes them angry, and they lash out on everyone and everything.

But, I look at other parts of the world, and I don't see race-on-race violence. Ireland suffered hundreds of years of oppression, but they are not fighting amongst themselves. They lowered their tax rates, attracted businesses, and are booming. The Irish choose capitalism, not communism, as the solution. Granted, Ireland and Africa are world's apart.

Reminds me of an old saying, "He who has the gold, makes the rules."

Zimbabwe wanted the white farmers out, becuase they were successful. A few years prior, Zimbabwe was an exporter of food & had enough food for all. Today, reports I've read show that the new farmers (former Zimbabwe soldiers) prefer to farm on an individual, not an industrial, scale - leaving thousands of acres to go fallow. The hunter-gatherer mentality of just feeding one's family is deep-rooted, as I would expect. The concept of producing thousands of pounds of food is foreign, it's Western. But, now that Africans are moving to the cities to seek work, large scale farming is more important than ever. .The result of giving the land to the soliders without teaching them how to farm.....Zunbabwe doesn't have enough food the people who live in the cities.

Of the white farmers who were forced out (many murdered), they owe the World Bank millions in debt, as they borrowed to buy equipment, seeds, etc. I've not heard on whether the World Bank was enforcing these loans. You can't squeeze blood from a turnup. But, I don't get alot of news on this. Instead, it's all about another politician who can't keep his pants up.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Of the white farmers who were forced out (many murdered), they owe the World Bank millions in debt, as they borrowed to buy equipment, seeds, etc. I've not heard on whether the World Bank was enforcing these loans. You can't squeeze blood from a turnup. But, I don't get alot of news on this. Instead, it's all about another politician who can't keep his pants up.

From my own perspective, I do not believe that the seizure of the farm land from white owners was justified because as long as the land was producing food and an asset for the country, it was working. The land was profitable, men and women - black and white- were employed and many were murdered trying to protect those employers. There could have been a far more equitable solution I'm sure. Right now people are starving because there is no food. No money. No electricity. No gas. What has happened in Zimbabwe may happen further South - and that has people concerned - rightly so. sammieswife.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

When just about everybody is saying it is worse - when statistics show that there has been an increase in crime, a decrese in living conditions, increase in corrupton - of course it's bloody different. millions before were effected and now it's 10s of millions, when everyone is fearing for their lives, not just a group - it is worse.

When black people you know, and their parents say that things were better under apartheid - you look at them in bewilderment at how they could say that? Surely then for them to say that!!!! things must be worse.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am at a loss for words to say. All of my little problems and gripes about life would sound like a cry-baby compared to your troubles. South Afirca's situationis the worst immaginable. It must feel like Armegheddonl. If you feel it is going into a downward slide like Zimbabwe, get out. Staying there will mean your life, most likely. The only way it can return to order is if the people get the courage and ability to overthrow the current government and gangs who are destroying the country. Given the US involvement in Iraq, the US people are, generally, tired of "peace-keeping missions" that cost us billions of dollars. I don't think the US will send much miitary aid. There is a growing movement in the US of letting countries work out their individual problems. We have too many problems here, including the baby boomers who will bankrupt this countries' social security system. Granted, these problems pale in comparison to South Africa. I can look up information on immigration to the United States. I can tell you that the US Government is years behind at processing citizenship and permanent Visa applications. If you can get on US soil with some paperwork, you can apply & have a 10+ year grace period at the moment. But, this may mean that you can't leave & return to the US. I did a little research on what happened to the Zimbabwe farmers who did get out. The Dutch farmers took Mugabe to a world court in Europe. They won a settlement, and Mugabe admitted guilt. Zimbabwe is to pay the Dutch farmers when it has the money. Hence, I don't think they'll ever see the money. Other farmers are lining up to sue Mugabe. I think they'll win the lawsuits, but have a worthless "court judgement" that they can hang on their wall. Thank you for pointing out the black farmers who also died. Yes, this is true. Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit