At work Witness 007 accused of being pedophile due to this site!! BAD!

by Witness 007 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Layla33
    Layla33

Thanks for the heads up. Twice I viewed this page during lunch. I need to be more careful.

• VM44
    VM44

I have just sent a message to Simon suggesting that the ad be re-designed to make it more "work viewing" friendly.

• VM44
    VM44

Sorry but this seems a little melodramatic. Questions were asked, explainations were given, explainations accepted. big deal?

Yes, it is a big deal. You have to remember that at work most people are not your friends. Any little thing can and will be used against you. So being reported because someone saw the "Watchtower Documents" ad on your computer screen is not something one needs to have in one's file.

• G Money
    G Money

Would it really matter what browser you are using as it has to pass through the company router and hardware and therein lies the tracking, no?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I don't know why you'd be viewing this site at all from work. All of our internet usage is monitored, and the biggest users are reprimanded every week. I can't even get into this site at work (it's spam-screened, as a 'cult' site, if you'd believe it). But still, if you're at work, you shouldn't be goofing off here anyway. Save it for when you get home.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    But still, if you're at work, you shouldn't be goofing off here anyway. Save it for when you get home.

Lunch and break is your own time to do what you want.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It would be nice to have the freedom to access the web at work, in breaks....sadly not allowed on my workstation.

Even the firm's "Cyber Cafe" in a public place is filtered to exclude JWD and other message boards.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now, if only the message would get out so the witlesses would start being accused of being pedophiles. Then they would have some embarrassing explaining to do to those householders that they are trying to recruit.

• joebin
    joebin

I'm sure it will be corrected since it was brought up, and sorry to hear it caused you an inconvenience, pretty serious to be falsely accused of being a pedophile. Glad to hear your co-worker feels bad (and she should) about the accusations she made. As if a pedophile would be on some pedo site with a flashing banner advertising it at the top of the page while at work.

I would definitely try to get her out of the picture, as she was obviously trying to have you fired.

• Layla33
    Layla33

It's so interesting to hear how other countries are in regards to internet use. Some of it is really familiar to the US and then it depends on the company.

Sometimes I think about Big Brother and the book 1984. When does it become too far? I mean getting in trouble because of a banner is a tad bit ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit