Roll Call - Muster Time ...

by snowbird 50 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm here in three ways: on my laptop, iTouch, and iPhone. I never sign off.

Josie

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    AlmostAtheist: Jedi hand thingy: "This is not the poster you're looking for."

Dave

alt

"What Jedi hand thingy?"

I'm here!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Red Dove standing by. White Dove standing by. Chenoa standing by...

• Casper
    Casper

Hi to you too... Sylvia

Wanted to say I always enjoy your posts... you are an amazing Lady..

Been trying to get the hang of this posting stuff...lol, Only taken me over 6 years... so been popping around the whole forum today......

Cas

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm here in three ways: on my laptop, iTouch, and iPhone. I never sign off.

Josie

For real!!! Hey Josie.

Red Dove standing by. White Dove standing by. Chenoa standing by...

Afternoon, Chenoa. Yes, that poem is by Langston Hughes.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm here!

Good afternoon, RisingEagle.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi to you too... Sylvia

Wanted to say I always enjoy your posts... you are an amazing Lady..

Been trying to get the hang of this posting stuff...lol, Only taken me over 6 years... so been popping around the whole forum today......

Cas

Thank you, Casper. I've lurked for 7 years and still can't get the hang of it. It's all good.

Sylvia

• White Dove
    White Dove

Snowbird,

Alright! Yay! That is a very cool poem. So much truth in it. I'm having fun being on the "other side" as a minority white woman in a traditionally black college. It's a real learning experience. I'm only one of two white students in every class of 50 or more. I now have the opportunity to clean out the stereotype closet by interacting in and studying about this culture and others in sociology classes and asking people if things are true or not. The first African-American literature class I took opened up a different look into the past than the one I was taught. I think it should be mandatory in all schools. Such a huge piece of American history is ignored. That's not fair. Anyway, it's been a real trip. I like Zora Hurston and Margaret Walker. I haven't read much of their works, but like what I've read, so far.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Such a huge piece of American history is ignored. That's not fair. Anyway, it's been a real trip. I like Zora Hurston and Margaret Walker. I haven't read much of their works, but like what I've read, so far.

You said it so well, Chenoa. Such a pretty name, by the way.

Sylvia

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thanks! Chenoa means white dove. I don't know which Native American language that's in, though. I'm part NA. I wish I could freely ID myself. I hate posing undercover to hide from my bazillion JW relatives. One or more might be on this board so I must be careful. I often wonder how many people I know on this board but am not aware of it. I might "come out" once my grandparents pass on. They deserve better than for me to break their hearts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit