Obves / JCannon =Are they the Anti-Christ??

by Witness 007 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JCanon
    JCanon
    JC- you're an odd duck, buddy! I don't think either you or OBVES is the anti-christ. I'm pretty sure you two aren't evil, but you are both weird. The numbers numb my mind after a while and I confess I can't understand all that business. But then again, I know that according to the Bible NO ONE knows "THE DATE". So it's all just a waste of time IMO.

Nobody knows the DAY OR HOUR. "Day" and "Hour" is not month and year..... We know the month and year..... JC

• JCanon
    JCanon
    JC- forgive my ignorance, but what is the JIOR??????

No problem. It is a loose reference to the eagle-woman who has a secret place in the wilderness. The secret society part of Christ's folowers. It stands for "Jehovah is Our Righteousness". The significance of that is, since they have to remain secretive and anonymous and hidden from Satan's spies, it is not always advantageous if they are seen as the most dutiful, goody-goody-two-shoes in town, whether they have left the WTS or not. So as part of their cover, they pretend to be other religions, celebrate Christmas, all that stuff. So Jehovah has to overlook it, and thus Jehovah becomes their "righteousness." Not that they are hardened criminals, but if the Satan presumes they wouldn't be drug addicts, that might be a good cover... see what I'm saying? So the JIOR is, in part, sort of a renegade group that can't be seen, who fall short of the high standards and depend upon Jehovah's forgiveness and assignment of righteous. So they are called "Jehovah Is Our Righteousness" A compatible example is an undercover drug agent. He pretends he's a drug addict and maybe even sets up some drug deals at first, sells drugs, etc. All to get the confidence up that's he's not a cop. The government, overlooks the fact that he's breaking the law. Same principle. JC

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    You're realize I'm the prophesied messiah.

Nah JC, YOU are a PIRATE!!!

And you take us on flights of fancy!!!!!

• MOG
    MOG

no way these two are the anti-christ..but its funny

• MOG
    MOG

JC.."DAY" and "HOUR" are not to be taken literally..Jesus always spoke in parables..As we know a DAY to GOD is a 1,000 YEARS, so we can interpret DAY being YEAR as well.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Snowbird,

I'm studying LH in college right now! I'm trying to remember if he is the one that wrote that poem. I'm studying a bunch of people from the Harlem Renaissance. That is a powerful poem, "Harlem", where "A Raisin in the Sun" came from. A dream deferred is a nuisance of a thing, all right! Joon said raisins are humiliated grapes. (Benny and Joon)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I actually like JC, maybe because he has such a good humor about his crazy delusion of grandeur. His posts about his personal life are fascinating, I think he should write a semi-autobiography. The messiah stuff I can do without but he's not hurting anyone (maybe annoying some to death - I try not to pay attention too).

Obves, I have no interest in him whatsoever.

Josie

• JCanon
    JCanon
    JC.."DAY" and "HOUR" are not to be taken literally..Jesus always spoke in parables..As we know a DAY to GOD is a 1,000 YEARS, so we can interpret DAY being YEAR as well.

True. But the Bible also is cryptic. The general intent would be that "day and hour" are generalizations for greater periods or not knowing precisely when Christ would arrive. Remember, after the "great tribluation"..."Immediately after the tribulation..." the sun, moon and stars would be darkened. If this is spiritual then it means the general knowledge about the Christ and chronology would be suppressed. Likewise, this parallels when the ten virgins all nod and their lamps grow dim. Meaning they cannot see clearly the precise details of the chronology of the second coming. Even so, it is clear that chronology prophecies are specific to a year, three, in fact: 7-times, 1335 days, and mid 70th week end of gift and sacrifice. SO THE POINT IS: Does the Bible technically contradict itself by providing us the YEAR of the second coming when it says, "nobody knows the DAY nor HOUR"? No. But I would say it is a deliberate decoy to serve the purpose. Further the statement that nobody knows not even the son of man could be a reference to the prodigal son messiah who up until that moment does not know. In fact, Jesus appeared himself to me once. It was just like those have described, this bright light and radiant white long garment. I didn't see his face. I was trying to convince a brother whom I had studied with that his feelings that he might be of the anointed were indeed real. We were in the private library at the Kingdom Hall. Then suddenly Christ appeared. I had no clue I'd end up becoming the messiah. I knew I was important as a "prophet", which is what other JIOR members called me. They knew I'd become the messiah eventually. But after so many things were seemingly centered around me, when I asked where was Jesus, then his spiirt "transmigrated" down into my body. After that, I had an interview with Jehovah, most of which has been removed from my memory except it occurred on two separate occasions in two different places (I think) in Heaven. So technically, even NOW, since I was in that dumpster for nearly two days, I don't know EXACTLY the day or hour I became the messiah, and neither does anybody else. I must have gone to sleep was was having visions of everything over those two days (Deceber 25-26). It witnessed the battle in heaven, which was a court case. I saw Satan who was standing right next to Jehovah debating about how much pain I could take. Jehovah does like to gamble, or I should say wager with Satan. Anyway, he called the bet off and Satan left. So again, I truly understand and appreciate your point on the "day or hour", but you can hardly ignore the "7 times" prophecy. Further, the precise year of the first coming was predicted in the Bible. Why not the year of the second coming in a parallel way? JC

• glenster
    glenster

Witness 007--I wouldn't say he's the anti-Christ, no. He's a variation of a
    JWs leader with his own set of forced points and omissions of pertinent evidences
    for a cooked up exclusiveness that carries a cynical regard of most others. If
    you see how the one does it, you know how the other does it. Socially, it's the
    sincere insincerity of the early JWs leaders on the make. If and when the oper-
    ation get big, they may insulate themselves like the heads of organized crime or
    the phone company.
    http://www.freewebs.com/glenster1/gtjbrooklynindex.htm

My recommendation is to see it as more like the know-it-all bravado humor of
    Little Richard or early Muhammed Ali, Jackie Mason or Prof.Irwin Corey. If it's
    entertaining for you, that's it, but it would be silly to take it purely ser-
    iously. He's not in a position of power to create the harm of unnecessary divi-
    sion betwen people or worse that a combination of a serious racket and power can
    create--it's done with some humor and most seem to see him as a local eccentric.
    If you've done the research, it could even be interpreted as instructive as a
    parody of a JWs leader since that's what it's partly a copy of.

• JCanon
    JCanon
    My recommendation is to see it as more like the know-it-all bravado humor of
    Little Richard or early Muhammed Ali, Jackie Mason or Prof.Irwin Corey. If it's
    entertaining for you, that's it, but it would be silly to take it purely ser-
    iously.

Actually, Glenster, if you don't believe the Bible I don't see how one could take it any other way either. Jehovah intended to make it difficult to believe for the non-believers:

ACTS 13:41 ‘Behold it, YOU scorners, and wonder at it, and vanish away, because I am working a work in YOUR days, a work that YOU will by no means believe even if anyone relates it to YOU in detail.’"

Who can believe I've actually seen Paul and John, still alive from the 1st century? Even though the Bible indictes they would never die?

So. Skepticism is expected.

JCanon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit