I have lost all desire to study the bible... This sucks...

by cognac 41 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

you know there comes a time when it needs to be quiet - no reading, no discussion, nothing. I call those moments ""being in the desert"" and even though it may seem like nothing is happening, huge dunes are being created, deep valleys......be still - it's okay.

real one - one can spend every waking moment in reading the surface of the bible - that's easy, but when you are ""digging out the marrow"" it is exhausting.

• sacolton
    sacolton

There is no obligation to read and understand the Bible. Jesus didn't command it. In fact, one only needs to remember the
    two most important commandments: Love God with your whole heart, soul and mind. Love your neighbor.

Also, recall John 5:39 ""You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify
    about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life."

Examining scriptures is not necessary. Just put your faith in Jesus and let Him refresh you.

• carla
    carla

I know that feeling too. You get so bogged down with finding this and that and historical blah, blah, blah that you no longer read the bible simply for the sake of it and you can't stand one more minute of 'research'! But then on the other hand if you just find the 'right' thing you just may be able to show him ....... and so the endless circle goes. Take a break it will do you a world of good.

• cognac
    cognac
    Husbands need breaks, too, from relentless wives.

Bwahahahaha - lol, too funny... For some reason I had just pictured God coming down and putting a block in my mind... lol, yeah, I've been a pain in the a** - he NEEDS a break from me... lol

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maybe a good old dose of atheism is in order. Studying science things from independent sources can put things back in perspective.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You've absorbed a lot of information in a short time. Take time to digest it, and take a break. You need a rest from it all. When I left the JWs I made it a point to avoid reading the bible or any other religious literature from anyone until I felt I could look at it objectively, without any watchtower induced preconceived ideas in my head. It took about 2 years. Then, only if you wish, look at it again and make up your own mind about it without anyone looking over your shoulder and coaching you.

W

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yup, that's your style. You are a relentless wife. But that's OK. He married you because he likes that quality in you. I should know. I'm a relentless wife, too.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I always used to feel guilty because i did not read the bible nor was I very interested in bible study.

Now that I am out of the real estate development cult I am happy to say that I still have the same dis-interest for bible reading and study The difference is that now I no longer feel guilty.

• cognac
    cognac
    Also, recall John 5:39 ""You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life."

Really, really good point...

But then on the other hand if you just find the 'right' thing you just may be able to show him ....... and so the endless circle goes.

Were you reading my diary? lol

Yup, that's your style. You are a relentless wife. But that's OK. He married you because he likes that quality in you. I should know. I'm a relentless wife, too.

Yes, he's actually said that was the one of the first real attractions to me... He likes that a lot about me... We may argue, but, I don't think he'd like me any other way...

• TopHat
    TopHat

Also, recall John 5:39 ""You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life." Yes, Jesus was right...we all search the scriptures because we are looking for "eternal life" Jesus said he has life to give. What does mean? Life on Earth later in time or Life in Heaven after we die? I can understand what you are going through cognac, the answers are not clear. We only become more confused the more we read the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit