I have lost all desire to study the bible... This sucks...

by cognac 41 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- I agree with Journey On. Just take it easy on yourself - don't expect too much of yourself , as you are going through all these changes lately at 180 miles per hour like a race car driver. Don't crash, take the curves a little slower so as to keep your hands firmly on your destination's wheel. Don't worry about study right now - just try to talk with your husband about non-witness things to find other things of common interest. Music, dancing, exercise, etc, etc. You know fun things ! Hang in there ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• chickpea
    chickpea

one thing to be learned outside the b0rg is that nothing is absolute, not everything is black and white, and there are infinite shades of grey!

so if you dont want to study the bible, take a break from it.... get one of those slim novels by richard bach about seagull communities or asian pilots with messianic handbooks and just relax! ( thread re: jonathan livingston seagull, etc)

I don't think that you have to know everything to be accepted by God...

too true, that! a god who would destroy for all eternity the likes of a mother teresa, whose humanitarian works are unparalled and whose personal writings revealed she had little faith or belief in a god or god with such an impetuous and petulant nature he/she/it would feel justified in annihilate a humbly searching soul with more questions than answers.... well, that proves robert heinlein's observation >> Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child.

deep b~r~e~a~t~h...... rome was neither constructed nor dismantled in a day

c/p

http://dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf

• seawolf
    seawolf

I haven't looked at a bible since September 2001 and I don't have any plans or desire to ever look at another. What's that called? FREEDOM!

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I have also gone right off the bible. Can’t stand to think about reading it these days. Been out for a few years mind.

I don’t know why it is but from what I have seen it is a common reaction. But maybe it might be because of the intensity in which you have been looking into things.

A good hard rest might be in order, let some time pass by, and enjoy what you know about things so far…..

• still_in74
    still_in74

cognac,

I understand, i just dont have the guts/balls/energy to try and educate my wife about the WTS. Maybe its just knowing what I will be faced with if I do. Problem is, like your husband, she doesnt see how untrue the "truth" is. I actually read the WT more now than ever but its only to reinforce to myself how deceptive and cultish it is. I too dont have an interest in studying cause I feel like I can never undo everything the WTS has ingrained into my psyche.

So now what? I just do WAY more recreation! I have come to realize that for me that is the key. Travel, fun, friends. Whats the point of life if we cant enjoy it? Be a good person and in the end we will all know the truth.

Peace out.
    Still.........

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I hear you.

Walk away from it.

If you ever get interested again read the book cover to cover a few times. That wll put an end to your studying it.

When people study the bible that usually means they are being brainwashed to someone elses agenda using the bible.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Nicely put, DanTheMan.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Cognac wrote: "I just feel that the bible was put in place so that people can use it for guidelines and so forth."

Much like the Code of the Pirates of the Caribbean, they're really more like guidelines. Aaarrrrggggg!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I hear you. It became repetitious and forced. Now, we don't even own a bible, I couldn't possibly read it, search it, without feeling like I'm missing something. . .what could it be. . .oh yes, hatred for people who don't see it like I do. When it's used as a weapon to control and divide, it has no appeal.

I often think about the Ingalls, you know, Laura Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie. They took belief in God and the Good Book at face value, they were wholehearted 'believers' and good people, went to church on SUnday without fail, Superbowl or not. I think about those times and wonder how different it could be for me if the Bible was used just as you say, as a guide. None of the sitting about studying 'what does this one word mean' or 'where was Jesus sitting when he said that, on a rock or on a boat?'. You know what I mean, actually read it for pleasure and refreshment, perhaps as it was meant.

• real one
    real one

i cant understand how this could happen because each waking minute i get a chance i cant get enough of the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit