I have lost all desire to study the bible... This sucks...

by cognac 41 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I just feel that the bible was put in place so that people can use it for guidelines and so forth. I don't think that you have to know everything to be accepted by God...

The only problem is, is that I no longer study with my husband either. Now, he's not seeing the truth for what it is and starting to revert back to JW land... But, just the thought of studying anymore makes me sick... It's just, when you study so much after awhile you just can't take it anymore... I would like to actually enjoy my life a little bit...

I'm sick of trying to prove my viewpoint. I just don't care, well, I kinda do at the same time... Maybe I just need a break... I don't know...

Sorry, I'm just ranting here...

• dawg
    dawg

I hear you... how can we possibly know what's real?

• cognac
    cognac
    I hear you... how can we possibly know what's real?

Yeah, I know... i mean, A) god's not going to kill us if we don't know everything right and, B) I'm sick and tired of studying constantly and, C) I'm just tired of the whole discussion/ argument/ reasoning, etc, etc...

Btw Dawg, how the hell are you? lol

• dawg
    dawg

Too tall, Too tan, and got too much money.. how ya doing?

• journey-on
    journey-on

Cognac, I have found that sometimes after a period of intense study and contemplation, you just simply

need to walk away and rest. Don't stress out over what might be true and what might not be true. Just

let it be....don't think about it at all. Don't study, don't read the Bible, don't read the literature, don't do

anything but live your day to day life. Maybe even a break from this forum might help. When you do this, then

something amazing happens. After this lull in thinking and a cease in attempting to put it all together, without any

effort at all, things begin to fit together like a puzzle, and voila! A new understanding.

• cognac
    cognac
    Too tall, Too tan, and got too much money.. how ya doing?

Oh, just the usual... Getting a massage and sipping a pina colada in 80 degree weather... lol

• oldflame
    oldflame

Yeah I am kinda there too. I have not opened my bible in at least a year. I know the scriptures pretty well and they have taught me a lot on what kind of person I should be, so now I think it is time for me to spend time on me getting those little pesky things that I do that maybe God might be a little upset about, ya know like smoking them damn Cigs.

Got a bad mouth when it comes to language but we can never expect ourselves to be perfect as we all know that's just the way people are, Imperfect ! I figure the bible to be like a study book we had in school, we read it, we studied it and sometimes tore them apart when it come to learning from it. Then after we could say we had a knowledge of it, I am one who does not believe that if you read every single word in the bible and that if you read it twice you get different understandings etc. whatever !

I think that most of us here have a pretty good understanding of the scriptures as we all come from that kind of a faith or an understanding.

But here's where it really counts anyways, it is not so much of what we get from reading the bible or how often. It is what we have in our hearts that counts, I think that if we have the Christ in our hearts then we have the God, and the Spirit AND the Bibles words.

AMEN ! (Oldflame)

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks journey... I hope your right!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

congrats cognac

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The Bible is the history, mythology, and poetry of the ancient Hebrews. That's it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit