Poor old Trevor

by mouthy 61 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Worried that the man would receive an £80 fine from parking inspectors at his permit-only complex, Mr Spencer told him to leave.

I don't know about where anyone else lives, but 'parking inspectors' patolling private complexes after 11pm...?

• Mary
    Mary
    JK666 said: I just wish the cynicism and pack-attack mentality that arose from that incident would heal here as well. If I ever were to get cancer, I would be half afraid to mention it here, as the self-appointed scrutineers would crawl up my arse with a microscope.

I was referring the the vicious attacks on OTHER cancer patients AFTER the Trevorgate affair. And those comments were in no way directed at you. I am sorry if you took offense.

Perhaps you're referring to me then? Not that we need to open old wounds but if someone's lying their ass off to people on the board and accepting money under highly questionable circumstances, then I'm sure you'd agree that that should be brought to everyone's attention before even more people get suckered in. And I certainly don't recall it being a "vicious attack"-----in both cases it was the 'victim's' own words that exposed them. There have been several other people on here who have had cancer and no one has questioned them, soley because they never gave a reason for anyone to.

• flipper
    flipper

MARY- I just want to set the record straight here in regards to your comments. The cancer patient you are referring to in your comments was not, is not, and never has been " faking " her cancer as you are trying to influence others to believe. There is legal proof of what this person is going through. Myself , my wife and others are keeping in contact with her off the board . I'll leave it at that

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    He broke his ankle .... TRUE!!!

good!! he's lucky he didnt get what I was wishing for.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Uzzah,

My cynicism goes so far as to think he drunkenly broke his ankle ("coming home from the pub") and simply made up the whole 'somebody carried me home to create another wave of attention for himself. Mystery man my butt. Think about it, how else would the newspaper have gotten the story except from Trevor himself.

I am astonished that no other person has made this observation, which given the 'Walter Mitty' life that this character is living, is obvious to say the least. I do not for one moment believe the 'Good Samaritan' story, which I am quite sure has been conconted in this sad persons imagination. Hopefully I am wrong, but I very much doubt it.

We may be cynical, but others are certainly worryingly naive.

HS

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Interesting thread for several reasons...

Karma or poetic justice ? [dedpoet - ic] ...Nah, just bad luck or carelessness, could happen to anyone.

The thread shows that people on here have a much higher tolerance of people than that organisation that we are united against. He would be d/fd and never spoken of again, for sure... You are good people. As I see it, forgiveness belongs to God to give or withhold, but I would be reserved about believing such a man again.

The injury must be genuine if it was treated in hospital, but given this man's track record of attention seeking , I share the skepticism of those who doubt the Samaritan story...and I love the postscript from "Linda"!

PS . If it were me, and I had his record of upsetting people, I would rather not have everybody know where I live??

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Reminds me of the Irish saying...

May those who love us, love us

And those who don't love us,

May God turn their hearts

And if he can't turn their hearts,

May he turn their ankles

So we will know them by their limping!

~Sue

• Mary
    Mary
    MARY- I just want to set the record straight here in regards to your comments. The cancer patient you are referring to in your comments was not, is not, and never has been " faking " her cancer as you are trying to influence others to believe. There is legal proof of what this person is going through. Myself , my wife and others are keeping in contact with her off the board.

Legal proof? Since when did having cancer involve the legal system? Perhaps she should have kept it at that instead of inventing ridiculous on-line dramatics in a bid to get attention. Her last pathetic attempt that revealed the depths of lying and manipulation was when she decided to troll as "multifarious", making herself into an 18 year guy with parents who are still in the Borg. Sort of a strange pass time for someone who supposedly has metasticised cancer in her breast, lung, colon, spine and lymph system.

• flipper
    flipper

MARY- I stand by what I said. Period. End of discussion

• Mary
    Mary

That's fine Mr. Flipper, if you want to believe her that is certainly your perogative and Right. But since the original comment was directed my way, I felt I also have the right to express my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit