Poor old Trevor

by mouthy 61 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=131596&command=displayContent&sourceNode=124371&contentPK=20069600&folderPk=55129&pNodeId

He broke his ankle .... TRUE!!! Paper proves it. with a picture of Trevor. Hope it opens for you..We are still corresponding....

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh sorry I guess it wont show.. Dummy Granny.. Good story anyway

• free2think
    free2think

Mouthy you are a sweetheart.

• Sirona
    Sirona

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Try here: http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=124615&command=displayContent&sourceNode=124519&contentPK=20069600&moduleName=InternalSearch&formname=sidebarsearch

(Copy and paste if clicking doesn't work)

Months of painful physiotherapy ahead. Oh well, at least he doesn't have cancer.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    GOOD SAMARITAN CARRIED 15ST MAN HOME TO SAFETY AFTER HE TRIPPED AND BROKE ANKLE

4 readers have commented on this story. Click here to read their views.

BY STUART TURNER
    [email protected]

09:30 - 05 March 2008

A Man who spent nine days in hospital after falling in the street wants to track down the Good Samaritan who rescued him.

The hero carried 15-stone, 6ft 3ins Trevor Spencer on his back after driving him home.

But when they arrived at Mr Spencer's flat, the man left without leaving his full name or any contact details.

The 57-year-old then spent nine days in hospital, where he had a three-inch plate inserted into his ankle, which turned out to be broken.

Now he wants to meet his rescuer, whom he knows only as Dan from Spondon.

Mr Spencer said: "I could have been robbed and was at anyone's mercy. I was in agony.

"I feel extremely lucky there are some really good people in this world. You expect this from friends and family but I would like to thank him personally."

Mr Spencer fell down a pothole as he walked home from The Falstaff pub in Silver Hill Road, Normanton, at 11pm on February 18.

He was 300 yards from his ground-floor flat at the corner of Wilson Street and Gerard Street.

As he lay helpless on the ground, a number of cars drove past and Mr Spencer said he considered ringing a taxi, but was worried how he would reach his flat when he arrived.

After a few moments, the Good Samaritan, believed to be in his late 20s and driving a dark-coloured Metro, pulled up.

Mr Spencer said: "He stopped and said, 'you look in trouble mate' and asked me if I lived close. I said 'I live 300 yards away - but it's going to be a long 300 yards'."

After helping him into his car, the man drove Mr Spencer home.

Despite being about 5ft 8ins tall, he heaved Mr Spencer on to his back, carried him 30 yards across a car park and into his flat and asked if he could help further.

Worried that the man would receive an £80 fine from parking inspectors at his permit-only complex, Mr Spencer told him to leave.

After he woke with a severely swollen ankle, friends took him to Derbyshire Royal Infirmary.

He now faces four to six weeks in plaster and possibly months of physiotherapy.

But he has paid tribute to the support of friends - and his mystery helper.

He said: "I've been so grateful to friends for supporting me since the accident. They've been wonderful. But I see this bloke as a friend now and if he reads this he will know how grateful I am. I certainly owe him a couple of pints in the Falstaff."

A spokeswoman for Derby City Council said there had been a pothole in the road which had now been filled in.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Neither link worked for me - had to go to homepage http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk and it's about 6th story down. There are only 4 comments...at the moment, lol.

• free2think
    free2think
    Yep

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Who is Trevor? Sorry, I be a newby.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Mickey Mouse Trevor is a friend of the board. Doesnt post any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit