educated elder or uneducated elder which was the best ?

by looloo 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I don't think their education level really matters. The simple fact is that some people are just born dicks. They're dicks as elders and they would be dicks if they sacked groceries or directed a nuclear power plant. I'm assuming that reaching the level of elder almost assures that you are a dick because of Darwin's "Survival of the Dickheadedest".

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I only ever knew of one elder who had completed a university education. (Hardly surprising, given the WTS downer on education).
    This particular elder held a degree in electrical engineering, and was by most definitions of the term, a good person.

However, so were some others who had had minimal education
    - I recall one elder who would never got to high school; while poorly educated, he was far from stupid.

From my experience, I would have to agree with those posters who have noted that a person's educational level did not seem to make much of a difference as to who made the best elder.

Jack

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I always (and still do) like the ones that are educated enough to know what time it is without going overtime.

Rub a Dub

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't think the level of education makes a difference. I think it's their personality that makes them good or bad. I knew a couple of elders who converted to JWism later in life. They were both engineers. One was thoroughly dominated by the loudmouth, blowhard, uneducated, know it all elders. The other was a great guy who converted to JWism after his wife did. I have reason to believe he wasn't a true believer, but converted to save his marriage. He knew how to play the game, and several times encouraged me to play the game until I could attain a title in the congregation.

I knew a few elders that truly cared about others, but it didn't take long for them to burn out.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit