educated elder or uneducated elder which was the best ?

by looloo 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• looloo
    looloo

the ones i know are either life long window cleaners with little education behind them or ex army /police /teacher types that are used to public talking and a bit of power , which ones did you find were the best elders ie kind and caring , i would go for the uneducated window cleaner /manual worker type by my experiance , in fact it was because the intelligent ones believed it was "the truth" that made me think well it must be true if he believes it now i think it was just the power over people they loved .

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Educated or not... I knew a few good men who were elders. The good ones were really humble and serving men. Did you ever meet the kind of guy who didnt have to tell you he was an elder? The same guy who didnt have to tell you he was rich or the boss or the last state champ.

I figure; based on age, most of those men have died by now. A few of the good elders I knew have left the Org... some may here on this forum these days.

~Hill

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

EDUCATED - but I would say that wouldnt I?

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I, personally apprecaited the ones that have long since passed away. They earned the responsibility through the silver hairs on their heads. They had life 's wisdom to guide them and not some yearning for the power. Those elders I did respect. Any one under the age of 70 now, no.

NMG

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The ones I liked were smart, formally educated or not. More important, they were kind, patient, always upbuilding, and reasonable.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Neither.

The educated ones knew everything but still didn't know manure.

The uneducated ones followed the lead of the educated ones and never learned manure.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

BINGO LOOLOO!

The educated ones seem to love the power and the "responsibility".

Most of these "educated" ones are still under-achievers in the real world, and where they can't build a sense of self worth by their accomplishments in business, or in some professional pursuit, they endeavor to do so by "lording it over" the brothers. Sad really. Actually it is pathetic.

The Oracle

• StAnn
    StAnn

The only good elder is an ex-Jw, ex-elder. If they weren't power hungry control freaks, they had to suck up to power hungry control freaks to become elders. They're all reprehensible. Usually losers who wanted to be a big fish in a small pond.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Come on, how about a vote for us 'apostate at heart' elders?

I'm planning to be an ex-elder ex-JW someday StAnn, does that count? I'm an ex-Bethelite, doesn't that count for something?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Not so much uneducated as not college educated. The nicest elder I knew was once a heroin addict/coyote with a prison record for murder. My mom always said the college / business / super achiever elders were a bunch of educated idiots.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit