What was the "point of no return" for you?

by B_Deserter 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Learning here about the WTBTS fornication with The Wild Beast (UN) for eleven years and remembering that my mother couldn't stay in a YMCA hostel for a short while because it was part of false religion.

I actually thoroughly researched the UN drama and found it to be completely true.

I could never return to a hypocritical organisation.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I want to say it was one point of return, but it was many. I think it is like that for many that just fad. For me, it started when I decided to become best friends with someone I really liked and hung out with her and not care. The next was dating whom I wanted and working after school and planning to go to college. And then one day I just decided I didn't want to pretend anymore and I just walked away.

• PEC
    PEC

Birth,

Philip

• yumbby
    yumbby

I knew down deep I had enough, but never put it into words or did anything. I went to work and they were setting up a christmas party/gift list and being careful to exclude me because I was a witness and I just walked up to them and said go ahead and put me on this list for gifts, I also want to help decorate the tree. It was like ripping a bandaid off. Fast, clean and never been back. I was 30 celebrating my first christmas. Yay!

• monophonic
    monophonic

i knew i could never preach or promote the jws in any way when i first started fading b/c why would i want to be proactive in bringing people into an organization that showers love, then witchhunts, then everything's ok, then witchhunt again and hold the shunning gun to your head.

i knew the borg was like an abusive marriage mate, giving a good back hand then treating you nice for a while.

that was nine years ago.

but, i thought if the governing body became less arrogant, if they apologized for things, if the leaders actually switched up by some miracle and became united and loving like christians are supposed to be, i left the door open that i would go back if there were major changes.

the point of no return, reading COC four years ago....and of course the continued arrogance and not caring about the people they're kicking out of bethel who now have no real life experience and need to live in other jws garages and become janitors and can't afford health insurance and the wtbts being mum over the payoffs to victims of abuse, and those payoffs were made by people who thought they were contributing to the worldwide work, oh boy.

point of no return was four years ago, when i told my wife, we had a bouncy ride for a while....but her family is in hard and deep (no pun intended)....and she can't preach either, she's at the point where she's seen so much wrong she can't promote it, but she still goes and i believe puts in :15 minutes of service every month just to stay active, like probably 25% of the jws.

2007 increases are definitely b/c of the :15minute "new light".

oh, blessed is he who didn't think of allowing 15 minute increments until over 100 years of "guiding" the jws.

it's so refreshing to be out of there.

• MMae
    MMae
    but, i thought if the governing body became less arrogant, if they apologized for things, if the leaders actually switched up by some miracle and became united and loving like christians are supposed to be, i left the door open that i would go back if there were major changes.

the point of no return, reading COC

Pretty much ditto for me.

Elder on phone to me, 2-3 weeks after rejecting my request for reinstatement on grounds that they did not believe I was repentant: "We noticed you've missed some meetings. I was wondering if you need anything, or if there is anything we can do.?"

Me: (Long silence.) "I haven't been feeling well, so that is why I haven't been there recently. [This was true.] (Sheepishly) But, I'm not sure that I'll be coming back. I just don't think I can keep going to the hall without any hope of ever being reinstated."

Him: "Are you sure there isn't anything we can do?"

Me: "I guess you can call me if the GB changes their views."

My phone never did ring, and somehow a copy of COC made it into my hands!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

When I realised their circular reasoning was a cunning plan to make me an extra number on their publisher list!

Its all I ever felt I was!

The thought of privelages - being an MS or elder made me feel sick! Very true! How to have such an arrogance I cannot fathom?

• one of 12
    one of 12

Being shunned by all my family; Mum, Dad and eleven brothers and sisters and their partners. Then shunned by the elders in our congregation when my hubby got sick. I remember sitting there with 6 kiddies, all on my own and being stared at when one of them cried or misbehaved.

I remember 10 minutes into a meeting one Sunday my newborn wouldn't settle and the two year old toddler then started yelling. I made as much noise as I could as I struggled to pack them all up and leave the hall. No one helped, they just watched as I left. I have never been back.

My kids, my hubby and I have never been so relaxed and relatively happy.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

pretty much the same as OO12, The lack of love from the congration, and more importantly, my own parents was too much for me. When I was asked to take my 2yr old outside because he was disturbing those around me,..I just packed up myself, my 2yrs old and my 7 year old and we left. screw them..there are people that love spending time with me.

lisa

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

The UN. Bulgaria. And the flip flops thru the years. Oh, and Malawi and Mexico.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit