What was the "point of no return" for you?

by B_Deserter 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Was there a point in leaving the organization where you did something that demonstrated that you had officially made your decision to leave? For me, I think it's going to be when I vote in the general election this year. It will be my first action in public against JW doctrine. Posting on JWD is done in the privacy of my own home, as great as everyone is, it just doesn't feel real and tangible unless I do something in real life that demonstrates I'm no longer a JW. Voting will be a defining milestone for me, far more major than chipping in a couple bucks for a christmas present at work or saying "merry christmas."

What about you?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I post in private here. I read "apostate" books and websites in private.
    I meet with other ex-JW's in private.

I thought that a "point of no return" thread was going to be asking when
    I knew I couldn't turn back from exiting the JW's.

I suppose missing the Memorial this year will be my first public action,
    if you can call that so.

I am fading, so I can't do clear violations of the rules in public.

• shamus100
  • ninja
    ninja

climbing out of the po's wifes bedroom window when we heard her husband coming up the stairs..........we still had 10 minutes though till the stannah stairlift got to the top of the stairs....just joshing.....muhahahaha.....da ninja

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I told my wife I was an apostate 5 months before turning in my letter. I knew there would be no turning back. To her credit, she kept her mouth shut until that sunday when I told her I was going to DA from the platform LOL.alt

• Maddie
    Maddie

When I stopped believing it was the "Truth" I started celebrating Birthdays, Christmas, went to aanother church, loads of things.

Maddie

• llbh
    llbh

When i was going through a very difficult time in my life and the elders came round to counsel about a very trivial thing. I was already having doubts by this time . I left not long after. That was 10 y age never looked back

regards

David

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I thought that a "point of no return" thread was going to be asking when I knew I couldn't turn back from exiting the JW's.

Yeah that's actually what I was trying to get at, actually. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I thought that a "point of no return" thread was going to be asking when I knew I couldn't turn back from exiting the JW's.

Yeah that's actually what I was trying to get at, actually. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Was there a point in leaving the organization where you did something that demonstrated that you had officially made your decision to leave?

Then I guess that it is self-demonstrated in my case. I did not have to do something tangible or
    noticeable to the dubs to know that I was OnTheWayOut and never going to stop.

What I did was tangible to somebody, though. I was still an elder, had finally studied the websites
    that clearly showed me that I was in a mind-control cult, but I wasn't sure what to do. My father
    was not a dub, had divorced my mother after the end didn't come in 1975, but was otherwise
    fairly supportive of me and what I did with my life. So I called him and said I wanted to meet for
    lunch this week. I said it was important, I had something I needed to share with him.

We met (along with his wife) and I told him the things I had discovered about JW's and that I would
    start exiting slowly from the religion. There was no turning back now. My dad knew that I knew
    what WTS was, so I had to make progress toward the door.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

I was always able to dismiss questions that came up in my mind with the handy- dandy JW mindset that Jehovah will correct things and make adjustments in his own due time. The beginning of the end for me was the Sept. Kingdumb Ministry Question Box. I was appalled at what it was saying. Then I got an account on here and checked out other "apostate" websites. Then I started recalling several years back I purposely missed our Tuesday night meeting to watch the Dateline Special on pedophilia in the bORG. I almost laughed out loud when I remembered my feelings when I watched that- how the media was controlled by Satan and was being biased against the Society! Anyhow, I started watching some vids on YouTube on JW false doctrine and such. Oh, and at the same time I was getting the Sept. KM, I was noticing a great deal of bias within the BOE in my cong. I guess alot of things hit all at once. I think the last straw was when I last talked to the PO. Shortly after he and a few others elected to reinstate my ex- wife, he came to my house to "check on us". He didn't like what I had to say about losing confidence in the elders and the organization. I think it pissed him off for me to say those things in front of the ministerial servant he brought with him. During their visit, he went through his routine of giving counsel from a few selected scriptures, most in the New Testament. Since I had my Kingdom Interlinear on my desk, I used it instead of the regular NWT. He got a puzzled look on his face as if he'd never seen this book before and asked me what it was. After I showed it to him, he had the nerve to ask me what I was doing with it!! I told him I was doing research to answer an "interested person's" question: "Why does Thomas say 'The Lord of me and the God of me' in the original Greek if Jesus is not God". Again, he acted puzzled and told me to let him know what my research turned up. I think he was already thinking apostasy! The visit was as cold and unfeeling as any, and I felt I was being judged the whole time. If that is the bORG's idea of "shepherding", then I don't want to be a part of their organization.
    BTW, another couple of elders came by yesterday to "check" on us again, since now I have custody of my son. If they can't get me, I guess they figure on going after my son. Over my dead body!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit