How many here are using Vista?

by dinah 38 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have Vista on one computer and XP on the other.

I got really annoyed with Vista due to compatibility issues with my scanner and some other hardware. I tried to reinstall XP on it but found out that the hard drive is not compatible with XP ... it only works with Vista.

So basically, I have a new Vista machine sitting in my office that is gathering dust.

Rub a Dub

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had a few issues with Vista which I've resolved or worked around. Some of my applications, such as Camtasia Studio, had to be upgraded to newer versions. I left my scanner on my XP box. I worked around Vista's slowness issue by smoking more.

My only recent issue was after I installed service pack 1 for Vista. I no longer had a "search" option on the context menus in windows explorer. Using the windows logo + F key combination brings up the search dialog though.

It's still a pain in the ass though. I'm a big fan of right-clicking and using context menus for everything possible.

W

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Bought a new PC in May that has Vista. Yes it takes some getting used to, just like XP did after Windows 98. The only thing I don't like about Vista is that it will not let me save a document to the C drive, nor will it allow me to edit a document in the C drive. I get the response that I need admin rights, which I have of course, but when I go to that folder, Vista will not allow me to make changes. Annoying as it forces me to make changes elsewhere and then import into C.

Whatever.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm happy w windoze2000 pro. Gonna hang on to it as long as possible. If i got a new puter, i'ld likely wipe the drive and install 2000.

S

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok
    I tried to reinstall XP on it but found out that the hard drive is not compatible with XP ... it only works with Vista.

I've yet top hear of a hard drive that only works on Vista. Sounds like you have a sata hard drive there and the xp setup disk isn't dinding it becuse the Xp setup disk doesn't have the drivers to access it.

During setup of xp you'll be given a chance to load sata drivers. All you need do is put the correct sata drivers onto a floppy and load them at the start of the xp set up.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I do, guess I have just gotten used to it.

• amama2six
    amama2six

I have Vista...haven't had any problems with it...compatibility or otherwise. I also have no problem cutting and pasting so not sure what's up with some people not being able to.

Of course, my husband is an IT so I'm sure he set it up to run properly and added everything needed to make it compatible with all the programs we use. Not sure how much I'd like it if I had been the one to set it up...lol.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Vista is much slower in my experience with it. That is my biggest complaint - after turning of that weird "Are you sure you want to do this thing you just told me you wanted to do" feature

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Using Vista on my newer laptops and 2 desktops

I've had no problems per say

Still run XP Pro on my Business desktops

It's just another flavor of windows

I don't go to the church of

"Hate Everything Microsoft Does"

Make sure you have the horsepower to

properly run it though.

Some system builders still aren't doing it quite right yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit