How many here are using Vista?

by dinah 38 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

All older perifs I've used have worked with no prob. even an old usb to serial cable :P whatever.

the only software problems I've had were easy to fix by running the app as administrator.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Last fall I went to Wisconsin and helped my computer illiterate grandfather buy a computer. We went to Best Buy and got a HP. It came with Vista. Yes, it looks pretty but it is a pain in the ass. Part of what I hate about it is that it is like a too friendly puppy always getting underfoot, I can figure my way around a system, I don't need all kinds of 'helpful' time consuming things popping up. Ggrrrr.

His computer also has a problem with the power settings and goes into the "vista coma". You can google that to find more. I started a thread in the tech section here a while back asking about vista and going back to XP. I am having a friend that works at Microsoft buy me a copy of XP from the company store. I intend to downgrade his system to XP, as long as the HP guys give me the clearance. The recovery partition on the HP has vista preloaded, so I'd have to kill that too. One last item that might hold me back is I had him buy the complete version of Office because he needed a spread sheet. $450+ dollars later, we had a spread sheet. If this program is not usable under XP, I may just try to tweak Vista.

I live in Seattle, and get on average one call a week from my grandpa or uncle trying to fix things that have stopped responding.

I don't hate microsuck because its 'cool', I hate them because they suck. The only thing supperior about Microsoft is their marketing.

I like Linux, but haven't played with anything in that camp for about two years, so there may be some new stuff for me to figure out. Maybe I should just upgrade his system to Linux.

Vista has Majong, that's kinda cool.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

We have Vista on 2 laptops. I have no idea if there has been any problems because hubby is the IT guy and anything said just goes over my head.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Maybe I should just upgrade his system to Linux.

Oh ya you wont get any less calls from him Im sure.

• ninja
    ninja

I love vista

• zev
    zev

gwens computer: xp my s.i.l's i just bought her, a new dell: xp my regular computer: xp my other everyday project computer has 4 drive racks: xp pro, xp 2003 server, mepis 7 and ubuntu 7. my laptop: xp there will never be a vista machine in this house, ever.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

We have problems networking our computers with Vista on the hubbys computer. Also sharing printers is a prob, and I can't figure out how to add things to his browser bar like spell

check etc cause alot of things do not seem to be real compatible. I still love my xp.

hope

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

My biggest complaint with vista is that I can no longer cut in paste when i am replying to a thread here.

It has caused me to cut down on how often I post, because my typing suxs and I usually don't want type out another posters comments just so I can reply to it.

Other then that, the vista coma is pretty annoying. Plus the stupid "Are you sure you want to do that?" popups everytime you do anything is uber annoying.

• sspo
    sspo

I'll take xp anytime. Bought new laptop with vista and all my gadgets i had before would not work on it.

Two pda's,gps, camera, even memory cards are not recognized no matter how hard i tried.

• JH
    JH

I'm still satisfied with my Windows 3.1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit