Changes to alot of the eschatological beliefs of the WBTS.

by jefferywhat 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I agree with you, jeffreywhat, that they are very profound statements.

They probably won't draw a lot of attention here, however, until they are officially published. Consequently, the GB won't do that until they've got all the tees crossed and the i's dotted. Reason? They know we'll jump all over them with full force.

Len

• oompa
    oompa
    Whatupjeff: d) Leaving Babylon the great no longer applies to the inspection of 1919 and has a different meaning now ( no longer fleeing false religion)

Help me out with the d thing. How did I miss this? Plus you said:

Items b, d, f and g are very new and not yet in print.

So how do we know there is a change? My dad taught me well...don't believe it till you see it in print in the WT.

I think your post is very relative...The new light idea is such BS...what about the validity of this "foundations matter" idea?:

(Matthew 7:24-27) 24 "Therefore everyone that hears these sayings of mine and does them will be likened to a discreet man, who built his house upon the rock-mass. 25 And the rain poured down and the floods came and the winds blew and lashed against that house, but it did not cave in, for it had been founded upon the rock-mass.26 Furthermore, everyone hearing these sayings of mine and not doing them will be likened to a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand.27 And the rain poured down and the floods came and the winds blew and struck against that house and it caved in, and its collapse was great."

It seems like it would matter what the foundation of our teachings are, and don't say...THE BIBLE...........................................oompa

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yes oompa, the JW house is indeed built on shifting sands. But somehow they just keep rebuilding their sandcastles.

Jeffreywhat seems to have included some things from this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/153571/1.ashx . Losch wasn't basing his talk on what was in recent publications, he was reveling in his abilities as the mouthpiece of Christ. I need to add some more comments over there.

I'd add to the list, the obvious youth and inexperience of the Governing Body of the Faithful & Disgraceful Slave "Class" contradicts decades of previous teachings.

In the years leading up to 75, they had the dates and details figured out. Chronology, the King of the North, the generation, the sheep and the goats, etc. But the big A didn't come, so they had to scramble. In the 80s, they got things somewhat rearranged. But again, time passed. The 90s and the fall of the USSR, more changes to be made, but they kept the growth coming in and the end was sooooo close. Now another decade is passing, and they have painted themselves into a corner. The changes such as anointed ending 1935, the generation, the King of the North, etc have zero clarity now. With their terrible batting average, they've retired to the dugout about any prophetic forecasts and just shout, "It's sooooooooooooooo close! Y'all just keep preaching or you'll die at the big A !"

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Older JWs who remain in the organization just accept whatever the FDS "spoons" out to them. And they actually rejoice in the "new light" even though it may contradict Watchtower positions held for many years. Newer JWs probably don't even know what was previously taught. So, they just accept it as part of the learning process (indoctrination) they are going through at the time.

However, there are always some individuals that discern the contradictions and leave the organization with each change. It may not include large numbers of people. But it often does include those more serious JWs who are well aware of the teachings of the Watchtower Society. It is a slow erosion of the base of the membership. And although it hasn't manifest itself in a complete collapse it has seriously endangered the construction of the organization.

• worf
    worf

Pahpa,

Right on target. Thats exactly what has happened.

Worf

• Mary
    Mary
    d) Leaving Babylon the great no longer applies to the inspection of 1919 and has a different meaning now ( no longer fleeing false religion)

WTH?? Holy crap, I missed that one.......when did this one change??

• shamus100
    shamus100

Scully - LOL.

Worf/ Palpha - couldn't agree more.

I personally look at what has happened during the 2 year complete abstinence from JW's including JWD and am shocked too. I do mean really.. how can people still believe this drivel? If one looks at what a typical dub believed in the 20's to now, it's astronomical how different they are.

They are metamorphasizing and changing, because if they don't people will leave. And besides, who the hell cares? The bullshit keeps getting brighter and brighter! If a prophecy does not fulfill, or doesn't make sense, just get some new light and everyone will believe it because it's all they have. That's why I always say - don't try to cram this stuff down they're throats. They're blissfully ignorant, and are happy this way. Perhaps they're addicted to cheap suits like crack cocaine. They're in for different reasons, and it's hard to say why they follow this drivel - they're all in for they're differing needs. Be it need for family, love, or being a collective of brain-dead zombies that love the spoon fed drivel.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

if they are viewing what they view as "materialism" as Babylon the Great, that is scary. I mean, the teaching of fleeing Babylon the great, allows them to DF you for going to a church service right? So, whats not stopping them from DF'ing people for working late or missing meetings to work? Calling something Babylon the great is a serious thing. I have read it here before and I agree, we are going to see a sifting and a possible split.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Items b, d, f and g are very new and not yet in print.

Those points ( and others) came out at the annual meeting and were then backed up in zone visits to the south east pacific and I imagine now the role out will continue.

They are yet to appear in print.

If it is not in print I do not accept it .....Smokescreen and rumours,,How many times have senior dubs given talks that suggested things , eg The King of the North being radical Islam ?....only for it to die the death and never be heard of again...

• 5go
    5go

I think that is starting to get to some JWs. The fact that those old teachings are still there despite their ludicrousness and are still the official held beliefs of the JWs. Those embarrassing beliefs are just ignored for the most part even publicly denied, but they are still there to be read out of their books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit