Changes to alot of the eschatological beliefs of the WBTS.

by jefferywhat 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I posted something similar on a different thread but it was blissfully ignored and I really think its worth a discussion.

Leolola touched on this in another thread and that is of the changes to alot of the eschatological beliefs of the WBTS.

a) 1935- No longer cut off for FDS

b) 1914- No longer the time period of "these things" that the "generation" had to see, it is no "all" these things including Armageddon.

c) The generation has changed to a group that has no year reference or age reference attached.

d) Leaving Babylon the great no longer applies to the inspection of 1919 and has a different meaning now ( no longer fleeing false religion)

e) Sheep and goats long gone.

f) "Dragnet" illustration no longer applies to JW's specifically.

g) Cry of peace and security down played.

h) All they are waiting for is the King of the North and the UN to attack us and this will effect the whole world not just JW's.

What is going on here people, this is major when looked at as a whole, a major shift has occurred and its happening so slow its almost unnoticed.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Yep.

• Scully
    Scully

When you look at how the WTS of the late 1800s compares to the WTS of 2008, it's rather ironic that JWs say that they don't believe in evolution.

• alanv
    alanv

Jeffery, all these points you make are good but most people on this site already know about them.

Unfortunately it's not us you have to convince. The rank and file simply accept any changes that are made because the changes the G.B. make seem to make sense to them. It's been said before but the average witness is the type of person that likes to be told what to do.They are followers not leaders. They conveniently forget Pauls words to examine the scriptures for themselves to see if the things they are being taught are true. For those of us with family in the org. it is a constant frustration to us that they simply will not think for themselves.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

With all due respect Alanv, these are not all old and are not all well known.

Items b, d, f and g are very new and not yet in print.

Those points ( and others) came out at the annual meeting and were then backed up in zone visits to the south east pacific and I imagine now the role out will continue.

They are yet to appear in print.

Feel free to quote a WT reference if I am mistaken.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am simply making the observation and hoping someone can postulate as to why these changes are occurring.

They are being backed up by a strong suggestion that the end is close and its going to be dangerous and will affect one and all not just JW's.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Maybe the expiration date for all of the now passed away generation teaching has come and gone and they are despatate to come up with an alternative that will keep people in the org. It seems that when they change one teaching, many others must be changed due to the spider web of connection they have with that one teaching. The thing they are worried about now may be how to keep people interested after the expiration date for a teaching comes and goes without so much as a hint of fulfillment.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Where can I read about D please? (d) Leaving Babylon the great no longer applies to the inspection of 1919 and has a different meaning now ( no longer fleeing false religion))

• worf
    worf

jefferywhat,

You are absolutley right. Excellent post. These changes need to continue to be made known in every way possible.

I talk about these changes to people all the time.

watchtower is biggest scam ever pulled on this planet.

Worf

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

You know what these changes are akin to? A frob or lhe next thingobter in a pot of water as the heat is being turned on. at first all seems normal and t you know your being drizzled with butter.

to us who are on the outside looking in we can recognize the signs that the pot is boiling over. to those in the pot all seems normal.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Jeffery,

I've said it before, but the Watchtower Society has cornered itself by it's own chronology.

The end of this "system of things" was never supposed to last longer than the 90s decade.

The WT blamed the brothers for the '94 Kingdom delay.

Their chronology is their undoing.

Now, they have to convince a new generation of JW youth why the end is coming in their lifetime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit