Changes to alot of the eschatological beliefs of the WBTS.

by jefferywhat 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Those points ( and others) came out at the annual meeting and were then backed up in zone visits to the south east pacific and I imagine now the role out will continue.

Britain has been assigned a zone visit for this year. I don't think it's been that long since the last one.

Yes, there are a fair few changes there. It's like the frog sat in boiling water though isn't it?!

Mickey.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Another buzz word a few have noticed as well is they are saying "wicked" less and "ungodly" more.

Small but noticeable.

• still_in74
    still_in74
  • There's no equivocating on this point. John's perspective in the vision is on the other side of tribulation. He did not see a group of people hoping to survive. He saw a group of people that already had survived.
  • The clock starts ticking as soon as the latter group is identified. The great tribulation must occur in their lifetime, else they have been misidentified.
  • good point, I will have to look into this further..........

• still_in74
    still_in74
    It is now, "elements within the UN" that will attack. That statement helps them to justify that the UN "ain't so bad afterall" so we go to the Library there attitude.

uninformed........... I missed this, what article is it from????

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Another buzz word a few have noticed as well is they are saying "wicked" less and "ungodly" more.

Small but noticeable.

this just fascinates me.
    Can you imagine the conversations that take place in the writing dept? The reviews of the articles to word everything just so, like lawyers typing out fine print. Every word is scrutinized and regurgitated until it can be spun in whatever direction the WTS wants. They know that if they come out and say something they are liable, but if they use the right words with a little spin, the WT conductor and elders will make those statements and if they ever need to change the "understanding" later they can just say "we never said that, you read into it!" (first time i ever used this emoiticon)

• uninformed
    uninformed
    *** w54 7/15 pp. 444-445 par. 7 This Generation’s Disgusting Alliance ***

True to the parallel, he will today put it into the hearts of radical political elements within the United Nations to desolate hypocritical religion at the start of Armageddon. Even now within the United Nations there are a number of member nations, foremost of which is the Soviet Union, that are openly hostile to Christendom and its religions.

*** w82 5/1 p. 18 par. 9 How the Kingdom ‘Comes’ ***

The “ten horns” of the United Nations “beast” will turn upon Babylon the Great. Militaristic radical elements from within that world body will rip her apart, devastate her, strip her of her luxurious garments and incinerate her. Corrupt politicians who have used false religion to bolster their position and big business moguls who have used her as a front for gunrunning and other profiteering will wail over her from afar.

*** w84 5/15 p. 6 1914—The Generation That Will Not Pass Away ***

Revelation 17:16 indicates that radical political elements within the United Nations (the “scarlet-colored wild beast”) will hate the religious harlot and devastate her. Already, powerful atheistic and antireligious elements in the UN have taken steps to stamp out religion within their domain.

*** w85 6/15 p. 18 par. 19 Sustaining Ourselves on the Fulfillment of Jehovah’s Utterances ***

Other utterances of Jehovah are due to cause exciting events in the near future. “The ten horns” and “the wild beast” will turn against “the harlot,” Babylon the Great. Yes, the destruction of that world empire of false religion by antireligious elements within the United Nations will be an outstanding action resulting from the carrying out of one of Jehovah’s utterances.—Revelation 17:16, 17.

*** w96 6/1 p. 18 par. 20 Flight to Safety Before the “Great Tribulation” ***

Religious hatred has frustrated efforts by the United Nations to maintain stable relations between ethnic groups. In pursuing the goal of peace and security, elements within the United Nations would like to see the elimination of any religious influence that stands in their way.
    *** w05 9/15 p. 19 par. 13 Walk by Faith, Not by Sight! ***

Something similar is about to take place in our day. Elements within the United Nations will be involved in the execution of divine judgment. Just as the Roman armies of the first century were designed to maintain the Pax Romana (Roman Peace), the United Nations of today is intended to be a peacekeeping instrument. Although the Roman armies tried to ensure relative safety throughout the then known world, they became the desolater of Jerusalem. Likewise today, Bible prophecy indicates that militarized powers within the United Nations will see religion as a disturbing element and will act to destroy modern-day Jerusalem—Christendom—as well as the rest of Babylon the Great. (Revelation 17:12-17) Yes, the entire world empire of false religion stands on the brink of destruction.

As for the 2006 broshure, it only refers to the "world's political powers" turning on Babylon the Great, not elements within the UN. I could still send it if you need it.

--leo

I asked Leolaia for some help on finding the information that I referred to and she sent me the above.

She is amazing.

Brant

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sorry for the bump - great thread

• yknot
    yknot

Thanks Stilla...... Yes it needed a bump!

But will the WTS be able to to reclaim all that is lost under the puritanical reign of Ted.

Those leaving, those doubting, and most of this board come from countries with economies that support the WTS financially.

We are rapidly approaching the generations whose estates probably won't cover their debts.

Many in my generation, don't have the loyalty but are just there because of parents (ie tradition) rather then zealous belief in the WTS as the only means of salvation. Oh sure we believe in the core three but we have seen so much BullS**t overstepping of all things scriptural that it is just a game to be played to keep parents happy and friends in association. Most of us, unless we are in MS/Elder positions only donate when it is pressed by an Elder or MS and then it is only to the local upkeep.

So we have major doctrinal shifts that basically revoke most of the foundations of the religion, on-going speculation of the appearance of decentralization from NY & Penn with COs and possibly POs. Pioneer hour requirements dropping, but ultimately will give the numberical impression that more are going in FS, reaching out to be pioneers......... wonder what is next?...HLC I hope!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

eschatology -

HAHAHAHA

Drop the "H":

escatalogical would make more sense of what they expex the gofors to shovel in the door to boor misery.

HB

• Mary
    Mary
    What is going on here people, this is major when looked at as a whole, a major shift has occurred and its happening so slow its almost unnoticed.

Which is exactly what they want. They know first hand that when a major doctrinal change occurs, it gets the R&F very upset (no matter how much they try to downplay it). First time it happened was, of course, in 1914 when Jesus failed to beam Charles Russell and his cronies up to heaven. Major fallout. I'm not sure how many left after the 1925 letdown but we know that a huge number left after the '75 fiasco and again when they changed "this generation" in 1995.

My own feeling on it is that they deliberately make the wording for these changes (as listed above) so vague that the only ones who seem to pick up on the true significance, are 'apostates'. The average Witness for the most part just sits at the Craptower study like a zombie, wondering if they should invite brother and sister so-and-so over for lunch afterwards.

I've mentioned this before, but my gut instinct says that they're making all these 'subtle' changes because they will, down the road, change the doctrine of the 144,000 to a symbolic number. This will be huge from the vantage point of the average Witness and when they ask "how can this be?", they'll be pointed to all these subtle changes that they had never noticed before 'proving' that it's been new light for a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit