What's The Worst Thing An Elder or Elders Did To You?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

After I was married, a MS told me that my JW husband was a homosexual, and that it would be easier for him to fight it, if I lost weight. As my husband became crazier, the elders kept telling me that things would get better if I was a better wife. I guess his paranoid schizophrenia had nothing to do with it. Then they disfellowshipped me for refusing to stay in an organization that insisted I either stay with a mentally ill husband who was threatening to kill me or remain single until I could prove he had sex with someone else.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Now if I told you what it was,

My real identity would be revealed within hours and I might as well write a disassociation letter. I am not ready to do that yet.

Forscher

• minimus
    minimus

Jamie, quite sad and sounds so common.

• cognac
    cognac

Ok, here goes...

I had sex with my 1st husband before we got married. Never said anything... He wasn't baptised. Then, he was abusive. Ok, then he cheated on me so I decided that I was going to get a divorce. So, then, he goes and tells the elders so now I'm in a JC...

One of the Elders told me that if I was living in a different time that I would be stoned to death for what I did then showed me the scripture about the immoral woman under the mosiac law who would get stoned to death. Then, told me again how serious this was because it's just a matter of it being a different time period that I'm not being stoned to death...

About a year later I found out that law was talking about either a woman who cheated on her husband or a whore... I can't remember... But, the law was that if 2 people had sex before they were married the guy was supposed to pay her dad either 30 or 50 shekels and marry her as long as the father allowed it...

What an ass. If I could track him down I should get him in a jc for apostasy...

Oh, and he also made sure to let me know that because I married somebody who wasn't baptised that Jehovah's holy spirit was probably not on us and that's why I got abused... So, if I had waited, I probably wouldn't have gone through that. Evidently, it's all my fault...

• minimus
    minimus

Cognac, what a jerk!

He was trying to make you feel better about not getting stoned, I guess.

• cognac
    cognac
    He was trying to make you feel better about not getting stoned, I guess.

Yes, cause that was weighing on me tremendously... lol

• minimus
    minimus

Maybe getting stoned isn't all that bad.

• cognac
    cognac
    Maybe getting stoned isn't all that bad.

I think you may be onto something!!! (You think taking extra adderall counts??? Cause that's all I got...)

• yumbby
    yumbby

I met a man at work and fell in love. My mom figured out that I was seeing someone, I think I acted too happy. She confronted me before work one day, I admitted that I wanted to marry this guy and she brought the house down, so I bailed and ended up at his friends house on the couch instead of going back home and into hell. I'd never been away from home (I was 24), even for one night, never gotten in trouble and wasn't sleeping with the guy from work but in the JC they insisted that I WAS sleeping with him and I had to go back home. I finally broke the silence of my family and told them in no uncertain terms why I could never go back, that I actually feared for my life. That she was severly abusive to me and my sister and I gave them years and years of details. They listened impassionately, and said it didn't matter. I had to go back or else. They didn't care one bit the danger I was in, they only cared that it looked bad that I was staying with worldly people and that I was supposedly commiting fornication. I never went back home. And I dont' regret it at all. I'm still married to that "worldly man" ten years later. :)

The lead elder told me how glad he was that he didn't have a daughter like me. I can't tell you how pleased I was to recently hear that his daughter left her husband and child and ran off with a disfellowshipped person. I hope he is eaten up with that.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Shocking experiences.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit