well, I just participated in a miracle

by Hortensia 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I went to Good Will on the way home from work. Bought a dining room table I could afford. A nice young woman helped me put it in my trunk. She kept dropping her phone, so she put it on a little space above the rear lights - and then we both forgot it. I drove all the way home, 30 minutes, with the trunk open because of the table. When I got home and got out of the car, the sound of music scared me - was someone in the garage? No, it was her cell phone ringing. I can't believe that the phone stayed in place all the way home. I pushed redial and called her back - the poor girl was soooooo excited. She had just bought the phone yesterday. So her mother drove her all the way out here to get her phone. Mother says, "you restore my faith in humanity. Are you a Christian?" I said, "no, not a Christian." She said, " well you should be! This proves the power of prayer - my daughter was praying so hard that god would find her phone. And you ought to consider what a miracle it was that the phone stayed there all the way over here."

So, there it is folks. Proof that god and Jesus exist and that they answer prayers. And you all are such doubters. Aren't you ashamed of yourselves?

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I witnessed a letter get put on the bumper of a Jeep and after a several mile ride was still there. GOD BE PRAISED! Or it might have something to do with eddy currents behind a moving vehicle.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Ha ha..coincidence? I think not!

Good one.

(still smiling)

You must feel pretty special being used by the Lord like that.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you know, A&W, I didn't think of it like that but you are right. I was a tool for the lord. I think I'll start a church!

• noni1974
    noni1974

Well if God is answering prayers about cell phone......

Dear God would you please help me get my dream phone on sale so I don't have to pay $250.00 for it.Thanks Noni

Amen

• horrible life
    horrible life

Since the Lord is into cell phones right now:

My Sweet Lord, could you please get my cell phone bill reduced this month? Child has had a cell phone for 2 years now, and just this month went over her minutes, by about $125.00. So, since it was only a set time period, I, as her mother, am only counting this as her first strike, could you forgive the extra debt? And, one more thing, for me, Could you take off some of those God Awful ringtones off of her phone while you are at it?? Thanks

PS, Bless Hortensia, and her new church. and help her pick out a good name for it.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I'd say the real miracle here was the young woman who offered to help a stranger load the table into the truck. That to me says much more than the luck of not losing a cell phone.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Thank god GOD isn't wasting his time helping those children in Africa avoid getting eaten by Sally Struthers and other horrific deaths they suffer......Do you think HE'D do anything about battery life?

• horrible life
    horrible life

Unconfused, I understand about battery life!! I hope he can help, but if you don't mind, I wasn't finished with my wish list. So please wait your turn.

I have a much bigger problem.

I have seen in the stores, and I have friends that have, those little pretties that you put on your phone. The ones that dangle and sparkle. My phone does not have a hole to thread a pretty through. So, maybe God can put a hole in my phone, before he addresses your stupid battery life!!!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Hortensia, please tell unconfused to let me finish, before he barges in with his little concerns for God. I have a look to uphold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit