STRICKLY HYPOTHETICAL......

by agapa37 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

- And why are Unitarian-Universalists such bad singers? Because they keep turning a coule of pages ahead in their hymn books to see if they agree with the words.

- One day, this guy buys a Mercedes Benz, and he's very proud of it, so he hopes to keep it. The thought occurs to him to enlist God's help and protection in the matter; and he goes to a priest and asks the priest to pronounce a blessing on his Mercedes. The priests asks: "What's a Mercedes?" The guy then goes to a rabbi; and the rabbi asks the same question: "What's a Mercedes?" In his quest for a blessing, the man goes to visit both a Hindu and Moslem clergyman; and they both ask the same question: "What's a Mercedes?" Finally, desperate and exasperated, the guy goes to a Unitarian-Universalist who asks: "What's a blessing?"

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Cool posts, especially Rapunzel...!

The difficulty I have is that the changes would have to be so fundamental and far-reaching that it would no longer be JW.

But the start would be the elimination of the GB as a concept and as a group. To run the business side of things, let there be a BOD, but they become strictly administrators in the service of the church.

Eliminate the service committee and probably every other committee.

In essence, off with the head of the beast. Otherwise no other changes can take place.

Doctrinal changes include elimination of shunning, elimination of the FDS "class" concept, no more misapplication of "blood" scriptures.

-Void

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Dismantle it ENTIRELY! Chalk it up as a brave experiment into MARKETING RELIGION. Mankind will always pursue his spiritual needs. He doesn't need an ORGANIZATION to satisfy that need. Man , throughout history has always dominated man to his own detriment. He needn't do it any longer under the name of RELIGION.

IMHO

NMG

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    But I must say if they abolish the door to door ministry I think they would be going against Jesus example and command to go therefore and preach, teach and make disciples.

Jesus never preached door-to-door in the Bible.

Jesus never commanded door-to-door preaching. He said not to transfer from house to house but
    to stay with those that receive the disciples. Quotes of the NT that say "house-to-house" are
    almost certainly poor translations that should read "in private homes." That would be a contrast to
    the PUBLIC preaching (in the marketplace and the temple) with a private preaching similar to
    having a Christian meeting in one's home.

While the Bible doesn't condemn a door-to-door preaching work, it would be more in line of the
    example in the Bible to do a street corner preaching work. Besides, that would allow us to sleep
    in on Saturdays.

Don't fix the JW's. Leave them broke- in all possible ways. That way, they will wither and die as
    a religion. How do you fix the Mormons or Scientology? How do you fix Islam? Is there one
    solution or not?

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Here's the thing: if you could remove the gnat-straining control, the persecution complex, the 'do more' mentality, the 'real soon now' obsession, the judgemental approach, the shunning and the blood prohibition, some JWs would be relieved but a significant amount would regroup with the old teachings. They stay because they like it the way it is.

• oompa
    oompa

I would start with creating a rational, loving, caring God, who gives a dang about all mankind...........................................oompa

• oompa
    oompa

I would start with creating a rational, loving, caring God, who gives a dang about all mankind...........................................oompa

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

What Oompa said.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I would do as Jesus tell us to do.

Mat 7:15

Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruits, nor can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.

I would get rid of the WT completely.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

If it was possible to get rid of the WT completely, what would some or all of the JWs do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit