STRICKLY HYPOTHETICAL......

by agapa37 32 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

1. Humbly acknowledge the excesses and errors of the past.

2. Dismantle the top-town authoritarian structure and allow greater autonomy at the congregation level, including voting in and out elders for set terms.

3. Dump the blood doctrine.

4. Reserve disfellowshipping for dangerous people. Unorthodox beliefs will not be considered dangerous. Immorality and indulgence sins will be dealt with privately within the congregation, with an eye to support and recovery.

5. Go Orthodox mainstream on doctrinal issues, salvation by faith not by works.

6. Encourage outside materials and counselling services for children and families.

7. Produce mainstream educational materials in the new medias (Television, DVD, and internet) and new materials geared just for children, families, and seniors. Switch from door-to-door cold calls to marketing of the educational materials (optional participation, of course).

In other words, do what the World Wide Church of God did. http://www.wcg.org/lit/AboutUs/history.htm

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

If it were possible to reform the WT, a lot of JWs would simply reform in the original mould, or move on to other high control religious groups.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc
    Dismantle it ENTIRELY

I agree, if by dismantle, you mean the use of several hundred pounds of C4 and some detonators placed at strategic locations around the planet.

Seriously, reforming this mess would likely lead to so much splintering and imploding that you would be left with several smaller "truths" as bad as the first.

• wings
    wings

How could you go about trying turn a foundation of lies into something worth believeing in?

Damage done. Throw away the mold. Find a toxic waste dump.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Fe203

If it was possible to get rid of the WT completely, what would some or all of the JWs do?

The same thing everyone else does. Come to Christ and find a real Church! jgnat

5. Go Orthodox mainstream on doctrinal issues, salvation by faith not by works. In other words, do what the World Wide Church of God did.

The WWCG hasn't really done that. Have you looked at what they believe? From: http://www.wcg.org/lit/aboutus/beliefs/default.htm#Judgment

Statement of Beliefs of the Worldwide Church of God
    Eternal Judgment At the end of the age, God will gather all the living and the dead before the heavenly throne of Christ for judgment. The righteous will receive eternal glory, and the wicked will be condemned to the lake of fire. In Christ the Lord makes gracious and just provision for all, even for those who at death appear not to have believed the gospel.
    Hell

Hell is the separation and alienation from God chosen by incorrigible sinners. In the New Testament, hell is referred to by the terms "lake of fire," "darkness," and Gehenna (a gorge outside Jerusalem where garbage was burned). Hell is characterized by punishment, torment, anguish, weeping and gnashing of teeth, and eternal destruction. The biblical terms Sheol and Hades, often translated "hell" or "the grave," refer to the realm of the dead. The Bible teaches that unrepentant sinners will suffer the second death in the lake of fire, but it does not make absolutely clear whether this means annihilation or conscious spiritual alienation from God.

Say what you like, but this is not "Orthodox mainstream"

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

jgnat

The WWCG has never denounced Armstrong as a false prophet.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Good question.

I agree with jgnat on this one:

Humbly acknowledge the excesses and errors of the past.

It is highly unfair to be disfellowshipping people because they have the "audacity" to question an association with the UN and the WTS not admit it to the publishers.

Don't you agree, agapa?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

You asked, so heere goes.

ever heard that a new broom sweeps clean? Well this fat old broom would do just that. Like in ancient times, I would chase the punks through the countryside with a whip in one hand and skinning knife in the other. Then after I flailed the crap out of each and every one of those vomitous, assbagging, elderites, I would burn down all their stuff all the waay from the Cataracts to the High Places! Remember how Jesus came to make a New Covenant and go out with the old and in with the new? You member! Member??? You member.....Well then I would do about the same. Out with the punks, wipe out their property and evil temples then build my own decorated with the hides of the punks.....

• Carmel
    Carmel

...a new revalation.....new dispensation....new world... not so much to ask! carmel

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'd fire all the top brass at bethel. Get in some fresh honest researches and start changing the doctrine - no for my own beliefs but put everything out there and they can discuss it propertly / have healthy debates and such.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit