Accepting ME

by Sparkplug 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    people who nuture a sense of stability whilst not stifling our creativity

KEY FACTOR THERE!!

Insanity is the sister of Creativity."

You have brought me to a good place. I thank you with my favorite writers/poets.

Why thank you my love! And how interesting you should quote Anais Nin - I've been reading and sinking sublimely into Henry and June this last week. i'd only read Delta of Venus before, but this compilation of her diaries when she was having her affair with Henry Miller just swept me away.

I particularly kindled at her words regarding psychoanylsis and felt so grateful (and slightly peeved for being nothing new under the sun AGAIN) that someone over 60 years ago had the same reservations about the risk of over analysis, in a clinical capacity, to creativity.

"I find that I do not know what to believe, that I have not decided yet whether analysis simplifies and undramatizes our existence or whether it is the most subtle, the most insidious, the most magnificent way of making dramas more terrible, more maddening."

"As I fight off analysis, I betray exactly what he suspects: that I require extravagant, passionate demonstrations of love, not tenderness or protection."

"My mind is alert expecting him to say something dogmatic, formulistic. I want him to say it, because if he does, this will be another man I cannot lean on, and I will have to go on conquering myself alone."

"The scientific tampering with emotions...I feel it is a short-lived thing, something painfully squeezed out, a thin essence pressed out of herbs."

"Proust writes that happiness is something from which fever is absent."

And my own thoughts:

Temper the fever, rather than tamper with it. Partake of happiness, but also partake of misery, for one will taste sweeter for the other.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I really love this one:

The dress flying in the one previous to it is great too!

Good luck today!

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Dex, I love the pixie hair cut! I could never pull of fsomething like that. It seems the shorter my hair is, the wider my hips look. I definately don't need anything drawing more attention to them.

You look and sound like you are doing better. We both do!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

LouBelle~

On another note, those housing projects would seem like palaces to the people of my Country - man they live in shacks made up of cardboad and used corrigated iron.

I know it has a sound wall. Cynderblock to be exact inside. It is what goes on there. Take away the materials and you have a bunch of rapist, paintsniffers, drugdealers, prostitutes, sex offenders...etc. It is a pretty bad place. Looks safe and sound, but the current within was hell. Walking to school which is just a few blocks away was scary as hell. I know I have seen worse, lived in WAY worse, but this is the one I was near and the one being torn down. Believe it or not, the property there is going to be made into these one room economical things for a couple hundred thou each. crazy. CraXy! Hard to believe.

Thanks all, good morning, and well now it is time to make that plunge. Shit I am scared, excited, happy, anxious and all of everything at once and Crumples huggs seem so far away. This morning really is going to be OK. As I have been told, it is time to wake up and deal with it all. Git er done!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Dex, I love the pixie hair cut! I could never pull of fsomething like that. It seems the shorter my hair is, the wider my hips look. I definately don't need anything drawing more attention to them.

You look and sound like you are doing better. We both do!

Sometimes when life hands us baldness, we just have to fake it till we make it!! and you and I will be fine!!

Good morning !

Yes Six, Sage did well for being kinda sick. She is a sport.

• dawg
    dawg

Shakespeare said "its better to have loved and lost than not loved at all"... I came from the opposite, well off and loving family, pretty nice life all around. Then I realized the JW religion was all shit, and lost it all... Only having lived the this life-my life, and without the capacity of knowing what others feel because I haven't ever really been there... I can only try and imagine what you've been through. One thing this site has taught me is, that even though I've had my situations in life, I see people everyday that have it worse, or have had it worse. Life is what it is... Your spirit seems to be the kind that may get knocked down from time to time, but the beauty still shines through. All we can do is hope that our futures will be filled with love and happiness... without that hope, all is lost. Good luck sis.... nice to leave the emptiness behind... I hope you have that future, but as for losing love as Shakespeare says, that's bull.... its lonely as hell to lose almost everyone you love in one full sweep..

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I cannot believe someone named Dawg made me cry this AM and spoke so elequently...WOW..

Thank ye my brother.

Sara

• Xrati
    Xrati

Yes, I accept you, Sparkplug. From where I come from, it's even worse. Can you accept me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit