by Sparkplug 67 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

my gosh girl

you are beautiful!

orb

• Carmel
    Carmel

Wifey and I were out to diner with two other couples last Friday. The conversation about each of our origins was interesting. My friend who is a very successful manager grew up much like a military brat, only his father changed jobs every three or four years moving around Oregon managing salmon hatcheries. So he was always living in "company housing" and feeling abused. I mentioned that I grew up on a very small farm where I had my own goat herd, sold goat milk to earn money for school clothes in addtion to working in the hay fields in the summer. Our parents didn't believe in providing such to the younger ones (we were seven brothers) as long as there were hand-me-downs to be used. Consequently I and my next older brother had to wear stuff we hated or go earn some money to buy our own. At the diner table three of us sat on dynamite boxes as there was no money for proper chairs. We often went to the county garbage dump to rescue throw aways, anything from chairs to bent up bicycles, which we parted out and made our own. Your home looks pretty palacial compared to the single room house we lived in and the dumpy trailer houses we used as bedrooms. I remember when my father built a truck garage out of poles and we were allowed to use the second story as bedrooms. We were estatic to get out of the old damp rotten trailers and live off the ground in a real room. But you know, all that is just a challenge to the human spirit. One could lament at the hovel existence or regal in that the past is past and times are much better. I chuckle when my oldest two sons recall having to sleep in the same bedroom in highschool... while all their friends had their own private rooms. We are truely blessed that economic mobility is standard currency in America, well, for the most of it, that is. I love the idea that you've come so far but can look back and not be discouraged by things you had no control over. Live well and prosper! carmel

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    All rock and roll is boogie woogie.

See Jag if I could just get that boogie woog from me bumm to me brain! eih!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    But we cannot have everyone's approval- nor do we need it.

You know, I started living that a bit ago, and well amazing how many people you lose. lol great. Must not have needed them much anyways.

I was thinking about your way of thinking and it being glad it is you and not me...and I had to laugh. I have not6 ever thought of it that way. I just thought I am freaking tired of being strong. But truly, I get what you say. It is good. It does make us strong and although it lowers the odds of finding someone as strong or as understanding or even capeable of understanding or handling it, maybe that is not the role in life some are to take. Maybe some are here to understand others. The big thing is learning when to draw the boundary lines so that it DOES NOT kill you.

Thank you Wednesday.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Warlock said :

A bad place can create great beauty

Yes you are a very beautiful woman and no need to worry about where you come from, it is what made you today and be very proud of that ! You are a very attractive woman, just toooooooooo bad I don't live in Texas anymore. LOL

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I liked all the pics, but the last one- stunning.

faundy~ notice that blur across the photo...that always helps! lol Truly though thank you. I just came in from a shoot that my daughter took of me. I think after looking at those, I could do better and be happier with them. SO....she shot some "all dressed up and no place to go" shots for me! Give me a few hours and I will post! They are funny. Can you say high heels on the trampoline?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Avi you must be one of my favorite Oroganians. (sp) Say it again...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Orb. I think Canada must be needing some sunshine. I hear peeps are going a bit stir craxy there. Really though, thank you. guyuck!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Nice of you to share a bit of your personal background Sparky and enjoyed the photos, particular the second one with the posts it certainly has

its dramatic appeal to it and the others are good too.

Its quite interesting to return to your past and look back in areas where you once lived isn't . I now live about 5 miles from the house I grew up in, where I spent most of my childhood and

lived there for 20 years, tripping back on occasion now surely brings back a lot of memories.

You do sound like your in a better place in your life physically and mentally and thats always good thing .......Bravo

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Carmel! I love absolutely love what you wrote. I have been searching for years for this pic of our family way back when of our family when I was really little. I called it the Adams family pic. But to my saddness it is lost. We had that pop up trailer and old schoolbus going behind the home also as a place to sleep. Actually when we lived in the apartments, it was about one of the best places we had been in a long time where they would not hike our rent up and take it from us as soon as we made it liveable. Section 8 housing you know.

I remember the dump. Not a good place for little gals with pervy stepdads. I am working through issues with that. But this is not a lets cry in out dump party, it is a celebration that people like you that has so much to add to the board and enriches peoples lives are here. Still around. Making people like me and others realize there is nothing new under the sun. Don't I sound kind of NWT there?

I laugh because my kids are upset about the brand of jeans they have...hell, I was glad not to have freaking quilted home sewn pants from the salvage fabric bin. they were warm, but bright yellow quilting in the desert? LOL

I thank you so much for sharing. It warms my heart!

Decki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit