If it wasn't for "....................." I'd still be in the "Truth".......

by ScoobySnax 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

If it wasn’t for the 1914-generation died away and nothing happened but a new understanding(TM)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    pray to God to take those feelings away

First of all, that is a crock of sh*t, real one. Say that being gay was the "norm" and someone told you to pray to take your hetero feelings away. This debate belongs on the other thread, but it pissed me off that you should try to make scooby ashamed.

Now, all I did was read the gospels. I figured out that what was needed for salvation is alot less, yet so much more, than what the WT teaches. It is more spiritual and all encompassing. Not if you have a certain religion and follow men's rules. I couldn't help from thinking that the GB was so much like the Pharisees that Jesus comdemned.

I also figured out how stupid the blood issue is, a topic close to my heart. The UN was another straw.

Stay strong and proud. Ignore the ignorant.

momz

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

Having daughters... without a doubt.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If it wasn't for the Governing body and Watchtower society I might have stayed a Witness.

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

Guilt stemming from my success at seducing members of the fairer sex.

Oh, and Tishie's board, which opened my eyes to the lies I'd been fed my entire life, ironically relieving the very guilt that caused my departure.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Their insessant demands to do MORE!!, MORE!!, MORE!! And neverending empty threats about the end coming SOON!, SO SOON NOW!! And constant nitpicking at stupid stuff like whether Christians should sport beards, or masturbate, or go to college, or sit in the back of the Hall.

Dear God, if you really are that petty, just kill me now. In Jesus name, I pray, Amen.

• Casper
    Casper

LOL..........Hermano...

You totally "Hit the Nail On The Head"... for me... I couldn't agree more.

Cas

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

If it wasn't for the Society not being who they claim to be, i'd still be in the "truth".

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with what Finally Free said - the child abuse scandal sealed it for me - although I had already left due to injustices by elders . Even if these things did not happen though - " I would still NOT be in the " False " . " Too many other things about the witnesses I disagreed with. Nothing would have kept me in it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit