If it wasn't for "....................." I'd still be in the "Truth".......

by ScoobySnax 45 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Scooby,

What Flyin' High says is true.

BTW, I've not really met you before. So let me say I'm pleased to meet ya! This place is huge and it's hard to keep up sometimes.

Believe me Scoob, even if you were straight, you would've probably had another reason to leave (or be kicked out like I was). The more people I meet, the more I realize being gay isn't really a choice like I was told it is.

Edited to answer your question: If not for a really hot boy.........but thank God that happened so I got thrown into the "world" to wake up.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

them constantly being wrong in interpretation of doctrine and prophecy, and justifying it by saying "the light gets brighter, have faith"

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In a word, abuse.

Verbal abuse, spiritual abuse, emotional abuse was bad enough. Learning about the child abuse problem was the final straw.

W

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

1. My meeting and preaching habits were broken by my full time job and my poultry hobby that got out of hand. At the height of my hobby, I had almost 300 chickens, all kinds of breeds. I could totally have given Gonzo and Camilla a run for their money.

2. My best friend growing up in the JW. He got himself out with self study and reasoning it all out. At this point I had accidentally faded but was still a believer of sorts. I spent a couple of days with him and he basically destoyed my faith in the JW and the bible, and anything remotly monotheistic and abrahamic. But he also set me on the path of exploring, and I am now Taoist.

Scooby- I think I remember you from a few years back. Are you in nursing or health care? If you are Who I think you are, congrats for getting free and getting a good man in your life. Its so much better isn't it? I've been with my guy now for about 1 1/2 years.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

When I learned that in other religions you are allowed to think for yourself and disagree with the beliefs AND I learned how WRONG the JWs are on most things I got out.

So if not for the REAL TRUTH, I would still be in the FAKE "TRUTH"...

sacrebleu

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

If it wasn't for abusively vindictive elders, no freedom, no compassion, no common sense, and a family that supports the it, I'd still be a witness today.

In other words, if it wasn't for the witnesses, I'd still be a witness.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Momz said right - reading the Bible killed the WT take on God!

I got there then looked at other stuff and the other stuff killed the Bible for me!

I looked at ancient faiths and that killed Jesus 'Sacrifice' for me (why did God ever need BLOOD?)

So presently I'm stuck with ancient faiths which I choose to remove any dark magik from! That's the way I feel! That's the way I am! It's been hard getting here and too late in some ways. But I nature is what it is and chosses to make me what I am. That's all I am able to say. I feel a need in me to attempt to offer no harm to anyone. It is a poor excuse for who I am because I was such a helper! But it was removed from me!

I know not where my path lies and have stopped!

• nelly136
    nelly136

if they've been happy for you to attend the memorial every other year , whats changed now?

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

If it wasn't for the judgemental attitude of the bros while I was serving imprisonment for the neutrality issue, I won't have compromised and join the army. But even after I compromised, I still thot that it is the truth.

if it wasn't for JWD, I would still be thinking they have the truth .

• real one
    real one

it is good you are not in the fake( its not the truth too many lies) but dont leave God. If you are struggling with thoughts of being gay,pray to God to take those feelings away. Read your Bible day and night. If you truly believe God will answer all of your questions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit