If it wasn't for "....................." I'd still be in the "Truth".......

by ScoobySnax 45 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

My brain just started using it's thinking ability and I was like WOW - who switched on the power. That of course led to questions....and disfellowshipment.

• agapa37
    agapa37

This is a good question for a topic. I have been inactive for about 3 yrs now. I was pretty happy the first 3/4 of my association with the congregation, did quite well actually. However, when I started to see the forest beyond the trees is when my decline started. What I mean by that is, the people got to me. I could understand the changes in thinking and understanding of the scriptures, I even understood the WTBS. It was the people who took me out in the end. Even though I don't go to the meetings anymore I still love Jehovah and Jesus. I do my best to live by the princibles I learned in the Bible. I still do not celebrate most holidays that were against our teachings. I have balanced out quite a bit on it though.

In my opinion, my reason for not going to the meetings anymore or out in service is not a good one (or maybe it is) but what I do know is, Jesus will be my Judge in the end, not any elder and I know Jesus will be a compassionate and loving and fair judge. So I am counting on that in the end. Will I ever go back to the meetings? It is a possibility, but I just don't see it in my future. I am a different person now than from when I left, if I went back I think I would have a very hard time with the brothers and that is something I do not want to deal with anymore.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

First of all there is nothing "true" about this organization.

To answer your question - If it wasn't for me having a brain and realizing that I didn't need a book to tell me how to be a good person, a sky daddy to fix all my problems and a b*llS$%% organization telling me how to live my life, I'd have still been a JW.

nj

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

If it wasn't for the "Grace of God" I'd still be in the troof.

If it wasn't for "being bored to death circa 1960, listening to Freddie Franz and Nathan Knorr at a Twickenham convention" I'd still be in the troof.

If it wasn't for "one of the remnant saying during a talk at the KH ,don't worry brothers and sisters there will be a lot of big houses left after armaggedon" I'd still be in the troof.

If it wasn't for "a circuit servant saying circa 1960,some of you in this hall will not survive armaggedon because you are not putting the hours in " I'd still be in the troof.

If it wasn't for "all the worldly people I had met who were so loving and kind " I'd still be in the troof.

• loosie
    loosie

if it wasn't for my hubby coming to this website and pointing out things to me that I didn't want to hear but listened to anyway...I'd still be IN

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

Well, If they'd leave me alone I'd still be visiting various KHs seducing different sisters. But they eventually caught me and df'd me. Damn that was fun while it lasted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit