Wife caught me on this site - have to remember to Logoff Witness 007!

by Witness 007 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

Yeah, just "come out" and when it hits the fan, see who comes by to help save your marriage.

Warlock

• bite me
    bite me

lol she's going to know who you are now, talking about it. What are the chances that our spouses found us on this site? lol That is my worry too that someone in my family will spot me, or find that I am here and forget to log off.

If you forgot to log off, she can look at everything you wrote.. can't go back and erase stuff, can you? hehe just kidding. It's a point of oh well.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    If you forgot to log off, she can look at everything you wrote.. can't go back and erase stuff, can you?

That's true and it happened to me. Different reasons but still, it wasn't something I felt should have been done.

I guess I'm a "Take Me or Leave Me" type of woman.

• blondie
    blondie

I told my husband about the "non letter" about a blood transfusion becoming a DA offense and that he would not be able to read or touch "the letter." that the CO would not give the elders a copy. He nearly fell off his chair when it happened.

My hubby never knew until later when I showed him after he stepped down as an elder.

It doesn't hurt to give them deniability.

Blondie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

As a preventative measure for the future, I suggest that everyone who is concerned with privacy learn at least the basics of Windows account management as well as file and directory permissions. There is no reason why each person shouldn't have their own computer account to log in to. Make sure your account has administrative rights and others don't.

I work in information technology, and every day I'm confronted by people who don't want the inconvenience of having to type in a username and password, yet they claim to be concerned about privacy. You can't have it both ways.

If you don't make the effort to learn to secure your computer, and follow through with implementing it, your privacy will always be at risk.

W

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

I use two profiles on my computer. Mine has a password. Mine is to protect my children and my settings. You have no idea what those little minions can do to my computer given enough time.

Bobbi

side note: When I started looking at JWD I had no idea I could look at what people (Para) had posted before. Until he told me his user name I had no idea he even posted here.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Remember this, you are IN TROUBLE when you are in the JW religion.

When anything happens to nudge you outside of the JW religion and it's fantasy world of kangaroo courts and judgementalism, you are getting yourself OUT OF TROUBLE.

Being "caught" posting or reading on JWD is the start of getting yourself out of trouble in my humble opinion, not the other way around.

Peace to all, and please remember to.... FREE YOUR MIND.

The Oracle

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's not so easy coming clean...I don't want to argue for hours.....she's very jelous....and possesive!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I lost 35 family members and a divorce to become free. It was worth it. I am so calm and at peace. I would have to be true to who I am no matter what. Especially if you have children. You can't let them be brainwashed and risk loosing them in the future.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

renee - I hear you !! Actually I just couldn't supress the truth I had find out about the organisation. But also understand for others it's more difficult, and could make life very unpleasant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit