..Vending Machines and JW Assemblies..

by OUTLAW 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.."OUT of Order"..No vending machine is complete at a JW assembly,without an "Out of Order" sign on it.....Of course it`s not true..The machine works fine..It`s just one of the many lies JW`s are willing to accept from the WBT$.....Although..This lie is Extremely large and visible,it`s a Frigg`n vending machine!..LOL!!.............Does the management that rents the facilities to the WBT$,know the WBT$ is disabling them?....Does the owners of the Vending machines know the WBT$ is disabling them,and interfering with their right to do business in that facility?......Could the WBT$ be sued for loss of Vending Machine business?.......Wouldn`t it be fun to let the Vending Machine Owners know their machines are being disabled,at Jehovah`s Witness Assemblies?......It would mean more bad publicity for the WBT$ for lying and court cases they couldn`t win................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

It has happened to some, but I have never seen an out of order sign on a vending machine at the conventions I have attended.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blondie..Are JW`s allowed to use vending machines in your area?.....Even as a kid,I can remember the "OUT of Order" signs on all the vending machines..I wondered how everyone of them could be "Out of Order"..Now I know..LOL!!............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They don't usually use a sign. They actually place an attendent there to say to anyone
    dressed as a JW, "Sorry, we are asking people not to use the machine." Some conventions
    move the machine to a place where hardly anyone will see it, then move it back.

For those who don't know- The problem with JW's using the machine- the auditorium wants to
    supply venders of hotdogs and drinks and other stuff. WTS wants the money to go in the box,
    so they say "Our people wouldn't use your facilities." The vending machine profits would prove
    otherwise, so the JW's keep the vending machine profits at NIL.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OTO..Interesting..The WBT$ actually puts a JW on the vending machine to discourage anyone from using it..There has to be some legal recourse for Vending machine owners..The WBT$ is discouraging the vending machine owners business..And..Damaging his/her financial income.................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

If there is one, they must be moved out of sight. In many conventions, the buildings don't even have vending machines. There is more concern about jws leaving the building to go out to eat during the "lunch" break instead of bringing their own food. There have even been complaints about eating in one's vehicle or outside on blankets (not wanting to give the "picnic" or "tailgate" look). People eat in their vehicles despite the "concerns". Many assembly halls don't want you to eat in the main seating area and the eating area does not contain the number of people at the assembly. So many eat in their vehicles. Of course, no one is specifically expected to donate for food from the WTS any more. I can't see why money spent to bring food is not any different than spending money for food outside the building.

CONTROL

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blondie..So they will actually get a vending machine out of sight..Unreal..I have`nt been to an assembly since the early 70`s..They still served food then..My dad was in charge of concession stands,so I always had one I was in charge of..........Back then,JW`s bragged about how many people they could feed at an assembly..It was a testament of how organized they were...........Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I can't see why money spent to bring food is not any different than spending money for food outside the building.

It really is not that big a difference. In some cases, it is cheaper to buy a meal than to get items
    to make your own lunches while staying at a hotel.

They don't want you leaving because you don't come back. It really is that simple. Seating for
    lunch is a huge problem that they will eventually address. Rented facilities where you eat at your seat,
    it ain't a problem. They may eventually work out a "schedule" to keep some from taking lunch outside.
    Congregations can have assigned times to go to the lunchroom during the break, at 25 minute intervals.
    They can crack the whip on elders/MS's/pioneers to "set a fine example" of cooperation and not go
    outside the building during the break (hinting that they could be removed otherwise).

I remember keeping the cooler in the car, even though it was hot out. I had enough ice in it to keep the
    food fresh and cold until lunchtime. It was easier than kicking the cooler at your feet. I also remember
    (as an elder) buying lunch because we travelled by airplane to the foreign language DC and didn't pack
    a cooler or any food-items, and I didn't care what they said about it. That attitude, while in the majority,
    will pick up steam if they crack down too fast. They have to slowly move their total control in over the
    years. It'll happen. People will slowly give in, saying "Well, I suppose they have their reason
    for telling us not to leave the building."

• VM44
    VM44

If I saw "Out of Order" signs placed on all the vending machines, I would contact the facility management and inform them of the situation.

I am sure they would have some words to say to the JWs running the assembly/convention.

--VM44

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This is funny. The last ASSembly I even went to had a vending machine that was pushed out of the way and not plugged in. I went and plugged it in and got something out of it when I turned about there was a line of like 20 people behind me...

I never really thought about this before now but this made me consider it. They always had a big fight with the facility here in Jacksonville about not allowing the vendors in and they DID turn off the machines or move them... The last year we were in Jacksonville the facility had moved the vending machines behind some grates so that you could vend but not molest the equipment. I remember hordes of people standing in line and every machine was empty within hours. I remember the guy coming to fill it several times. I'll bet that is why they had to move the convention up to tifton GA. I'll bet the next year when the vendors said we want in and the proof that we are losing money is RIGHT HERE so you take the vendors or don't take the facility they chose to not take the facility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit