..Vending Machines and JW Assemblies..

by OUTLAW 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    The Convention I went to Summer 2007 had a 'visa/mastercard acceptpoint' for donations by bankcard. I think they've been doing this for a few years in the UK. Because the WTS is a registered charity you can even get a form when you donate that you can fill in and give to the Tax department, because in the UK you can get tax concessions when you give to charities. They even announce this to encourage people to donate.

Zico, it's always bothered me that 'Jehovah's people' are a charity, lol. What's that Scripture...? Matthew 6v26..? "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.....'' yet the WT begs for money, NOT just from its own members, but from 'Worldly' people too...why else would it ask for donations on the internet...

https://www.jwgift.org/default.aspx?theme=default

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

That's just good ol' selective amnesia. That's most likely why the books have been trimmed down (i.e. hard covers, gold flake lettering, resizing) because people aren't going for the okey doke anymore and aren't contributing to the witnesses.

• bite me
    bite me

I thought JW's could not be in any type of law enforcement? Last I heard "guard" does relate to law... (enforcing laws, private or not) regardless of how we look at it. lol

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'll bet the facility management has at least some knowledge of the disabling of the vending machines, but they don't care that much.

Someone like "Horrible Life's" hubby who actually owns the vending machine gets screwed on this deal. He either doesn't find out about it until after the potential sales are gone, or, if he squawks too loud to the facility management, he could lose his prime location to a competing vendor. So he has to just keep quiet on this, but no doubt slams the door extra hard on the next JW who calls at his door.

Just a hunch.

OM

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Every convention I ever attended......from Three Rivers Stadium.........Wheeling WVA Arena..........Cleveland Convocation Center..........they all either had the vending machines turned face to the wall or OUT OF ORDER signs on them..

The WTBTS is a lunatic fringe! I'm so happy to be out of it.

HappyDad

• VM44
    VM44

"OUT OF ORDER signs on them"

tsk, tsk, lying at Jehovah's theocratic gatherings.

That right there tells one exactly how "theocratic" The Watchtower organization is.

The Watchtower's ties to God stop at their Brooklyn Headquarters!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

>>They like to compare this to the time when Jesus was in a temple and flipped out because of the vendors that were there.<<

No, that would be the PO's Nephew's new Mexican wife who is actively selling both her in-house hair salon and Herba-Life products to all the Sisters in the Hall.

But it's the PO so it's OK right?

• sacolton
    sacolton

He needs a suit. They way he's staring you down ... "Sorry. Out of order. Shouldn't you be in your seat, Brother?"

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

"Theocratice warfare"... if it needs electric to be "in-order" and we un-plug it ....it must be "out of order". Order stands..case closed ...next!

~Hill

• still_in74
    still_in74

I've never seen "guards" but I have seen "out of order" signs or just brown paper towel taped over them.

I once saw a condemn dispensor covered up that way but with nothing written on it......... I got a chuckle out of that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit