..Vending Machines and JW Assemblies..

by OUTLAW 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• garybuss
    garybuss

My three year old son and I were belly pushed away from a vending machine covered with butcher paper with "Out Of Order" hand written on it by two Witness security guards at a district assembly in Bismarck North Dakota. The guards demanded to know my name and the name of the congregation I reported to.

The guards told me Dewayne Matz was their boss and he was responsible for the sings on the machines and he was responsible for them belly pushing a 3 year old child away from a candy machine.

Nice guy!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Whenever I would see those I would just reach behind and plug them in. Problem solved. Never saw any "guards" around them. Not that it would have stopped me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like to see some large conglomerate with quality food setting up vending machines that they know work perfectly. They would come in during the breaks, and see the "Out of Order" signs and take a picture of them. Then they would come with tools to fix the machines. If the machines are not broken, they come in with a sign that says that the machines are working fine, and put a sign in the machine that the witlesses cost them money by denying the robots the opportunity to buy from them. And the Watchtower Society would get hit by a nasty lawsuit--plus embarrassment for lying.

So much for the truth--lying by putting an Out of Order sign on the vending machine when it works perfectly is just as bad as lying by putting in fake time in your service slip.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I have..Mid South Col-e-see-um in Memphis... for at least 12 years in a row.

Plus the Leaky Teepee in WPB... Daytona, Ft Myers...every place that had a vending machine had those dead-givaway "out of order" sighns straight from the Sign Department.

We did pre-con set up.. I watched the kids taping those signs on myself.

Besides...how do you think I got a cold Coke during sessions?

~Hill

• Mincan
    Mincan

The last one I went to I used one. Got many strange looks and stars. Perhaps it will be a new tradition, to walk around stuffing my face with vending machine chocolate and candy.

• horrible life
    horrible life

My husband owns a vending business. He has a deal with every place he sets a machine. They are not to move it, they are to call him immediately if they need it moved, or serviced. I can guarantee if it were his machines, he would be down there with a sign saying that they were open, and working.

And probably have myself, daughter, and mother-in-law standing guard and telling folks to put their money in.

• Ozner
    Ozner

In our convention hall, the Dutch WTS had placed a visa/mastercard acceptpoint! It was functional for 2 years. A few years ago they have stopped this service.

It was a local idea. I have no picture of it. Of course, there was a long row of loyal witness behind it to do donations by bankcard.

Believe it or not, it is true. I posted this 2 years ago.

Ozner

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Last time i was at an assembly/convention, the WTS was still providing food service. I can see why they would not want the attendees to use the facility vending machines under these circumstances, but why the f**k would they care if the attendees used the facility vending machines if they were not personally supplying the refreshments? Makes no sense. I do remember the "Out Of Order" signs on all of the vending machines though, back when our choices were Shasta Cola, Shasta Lemon-Lime, & Shasta Diet Cola. Gross. Nothing washes down a Muff'n'Egg like a luke-warm Shasta.

• Zico
    Zico

This is a new one to me! I've always happily used vending machines at Conventions and Assemblies with no issues or guards.

Ozner,

The Convention I went to Summer 2007 had a 'visa/mastercard acceptpoint' for donations by bankcard. I think they've been doing this for a few years in the UK. Because the WTS is a registered charity you can even get a form when you donate that you can fill in and give to the Tax department, because in the UK you can get tax concessions when you give to charities. They even announce this to encourage people to donate.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wow!..Lots of replys..Thanks everyone!..I knew I couldn`t be the only one who saw "Out of Order" signs on Vending Machines at Assemblies!..LOL!!..It was common around here to see those signs............I`d like the Vending Machine owners to learn about this..Can you imagine the problems the WBT$ would have if this got out.....It would be the "Tacoma Dome Scandal" all over again!..................Laughing Mutley..OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit